I've Been Invited To My First Bridal Fair/expo...

Business By Michelle104 Updated 2 Nov 2009 , 2:04am by Michelle104

Michelle104 Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 5:28am
post #1 of 3

This is my 6th week open in my storefront. Before I was at home so I never even looked into those or what/ how to do them. Now I've been invited to one just a little south of me and I will be the only cake vendor there unless they get someone last minute to add to it. Anyway, now I'm a little nervous and not quite sure how to do my set up. I don't have any dummy cakes yet, just a styrofoam with some ribbon on it because my window get ALOT of sun and anything else I'd put there would melt until I get an awning...Anyway...sorry I'm rambling...does anyone have any suggestions as far as what I should do to try to make it a sucessful day? I know samples, but other than that? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_redface.gificon_eek.gif

2 replies
tootie0809 Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 1:27pm
post #2 of 3

I am going to also be doing my first bridal show. It's not until January, so I have some time to prepare. I just ordered a bunch of cake dummies and am going to start decorating those for display and also for pics for a bigger portfolio than I have. I posted a while ago about any advice for bridal shows and got lots of good advice. Here's that thread. It's got a lot of great tips in it! Good luck!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6598699-.html#6598699

Michelle104 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 2:04am
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much tootie!! I'm headed there right now! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%