Best Way To Make A Light Saber?!?

Decorating By lOIDA Updated 31 Oct 2009 , 7:44pm by emiyeric

lOIDA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lOIDA Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:17am
post #1 of 7

I need to make a star wars cake... The main piece in the cake is a life size light saber (it will be laying on the cake). I dont know which medium and which way would be best? I want it to look great and smooth. Should I do rkt covered in fondant? Modeling chocolate? What would be the best way to shape it?? Hayyy!! I'm lost on thisnone please help! T.i.a.

6 replies
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 7

I think rkt covered in modeling chocolate or fondant would work great! Just something that can be cut and wrapped around will be fine. I did a lightsaber cake a couple of years ago, not on top of a cake, but the actual cake. I covered it in fondant and it worked great.

angelcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakesmom Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 7

I made a star wars cake w/ a MMF light saber. It's in my photos.

angelcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakesmom Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 7

I have a MMF one in my photos.

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 6:45pm
post #5 of 7

Same here! I have Star Wars cakes w/other MMF figures in my photos too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelcakesmom

I made a star wars cake w/ a MMF light saber. It's in my photos.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 7

Use the force... DUH! icon_wink.gif

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 7:44pm
post #7 of 7

Also, depending on how large your cake will be, and how concerned you are with the whole thing being edible, you could use a non-edible material to get a perfectly uniform and smooth finish. A thicker dowel, or paper towel roll, or something along those lines, just covered in fondant, would be easy to cover flawlessly (Easier than the rkt), and easy to cut to your exact size. If you really want the edible aspect of it, though, you could simply roll a log of any color left-over fondant and THEN cover it with the color you want (a little trick I love to do, since I waste less that way and still get the all-edible benefits icon_wink.gif ).

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%