Need Help With This Cake!!

Decorating By damanda Updated 31 Oct 2009 , 1:24am by ljdills

damanda Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 12:33am
post #1 of 4

Hey guys I have a order for this cake but I dont know how they got it to open up like that so if anyone has any tips with this plzs help.
Thank you
Amanda
LL

3 replies
RedDarlene Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 12:52am
post #2 of 4

Do you know if the lid is actually made of something edible? It might be a dryed piece of fondant that has been painted to look like wood. I would roll a piece let it harden for a couple of days then air brush it. Othersie you could make it out of foam core and cover it with fondant. that way it would not be as fragile. good luck.

Jeff_Arnett Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 12:54am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDarlene

Do you know if the lid is actually made of something edible? It might be a dryed piece of fondant that has been painted to look like wood. I would roll a piece let it harden for a couple of days then air brush it. Othersie you could make it out of foam core and cover it with fondant. that way it would not be as fragile. good luck.

Me too....fondant or gumpaste over a piece of foamcore.

ljdills Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 1:24am
post #4 of 4

Lauri and her team made one of these on Amazing Wedding Cakes and I am pretty sure that they used either gumpaste or fondant left out to dry for a couple days. They put skewers in it before it dried and then just stuck it in place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%