Frothy Bubbly Icing/topping

Decorating By tony66 Updated 31 Oct 2009 , 12:48pm by tony66

tony66 Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 12:05am
post #1 of 4

Is there a way to get a frothy/bubbly icing/topping to put on top of a cake?
I'm wanting it to look like a cup of cappacino, frothy coffee icon_smile.gif

3 replies
prterrell Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 12:24am
post #2 of 4

I'd either make whipped cream or Italian meringue.

farmersdaughter4 Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 12:31am
post #3 of 4

You might try doing some Bubble Sugar. It's not icing but more like hard candy that when dried has holes in it - which can be interpreted as "steam" coming from the coffee - just insert it into the top of your cake. Check out
Site gives you ingredients and "how to". Can make with granulated sugar or Isomalt. Good luck.

tony66 Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the ideas, I'll have a practise and see what works best icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%