Mmf Dry - Added Too Much Powder Sugar

Decorating By colleenant Updated 1 Nov 2009 , 3:57pm by cabecakes

colleenant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colleenant Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 11:54pm
post #1 of 6

I made mmf today and just checked it and it is very dry and crumbly. What can I add or do to it to soften it up and make it pliable?

5 replies
farmersdaughter4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmersdaughter4 Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 12:12am
post #2 of 6

I put mine into the microwave for about 15-20 seconds...makes fondant warm enough to knead a little. Just kept putting back into microwave for this time amount (kneading after each nuke) until it became soft and pliable again. Hope this helps.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 12:21am
post #3 of 6

also -- work in more shortening a little dab at a time -- easiest way -- rub on palms of hands to grease them up and then knead the mmf.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 12:30am
post #4 of 6

When I was first learning about making MMF I also made some batches too dry.
I would made another batch and left it sticky, Then kneaded the two batches together in workable amounts. The fondant will last for a long time so if you can't use 2 batches at once wrap it up and store it.
This method worked well for me.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 6

i break mine into smaller flattened batches and rub with crisco and store, as you know you have to grease your hands well before mixing da i didn't do that once ahhhhhh, and also when kneeding your fondant. if it's just to dry for micro you can add a tiny tiny bit of water, add a little at a time crisco is the biggest secret

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:57pm
post #6 of 6

I also got mine way too dry once, I just melted up more marshmallows and mixed it all together in my kitchen aid. Worked great. It was the best batch I ever made. LOL.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%