Weird Vent

Lounge By idgalpal Updated 1 Nov 2009 , 7:19pm by Texas_Rose

idgalpal Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 17

Today is garbage day in my neighborhood. I put my garbage out before I went to work. I'm having a Halloween party tonight so on my lunch hour I ran by the store and picked up a few thing and then dropped them off at the house. I had a couple things to throw in the garbage, I lifted up the lid and to my surprise my garbage can was filled to the top with someone else's garbage on top of mine!! At first in made me laugh but then it kind of weirded me out to think someone besides BFI is getting up close and personal with MY trash!

16 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 17

That's kind of icky...but at least they did it on trash day. You have to wonder if their can was full or if they were throwing out something they didn't want the wife to find though...

indydebi Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 17

wonder why they didn't just put it outside of THEIR house? That IS weird!

But try paying for a dumpster and have everyone in the area fill it up with their trash! The dumbasses dumped some trash with their mail in it, so I found out their address (will anyone be surprised to know they live in a "not expensive rent" trailer park?). If I have to call for an early pickup because my dumpster is full, I have to pay extra! If my HD inspector comes by and the lid is open, it's a violation! If they decide to change their car oil and put the old oil in my dumpster, then *I* get zinged with the fine! aaauuuggghhhhH!!!!!!!!!!!!

My neighbor was working for me one day and we carried some stuff out to the trash. She commented on how nice it was to have one right outside my backdoor. I said, 'I pay for it! It BETTER be outside my backdoor!" I was shocked to find out that she didn't know businesses had to PAY for dumpster service! icon_surprised.gif

-K8memphis Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 17

Indy I like your new avatar.

indydebi Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 11:04pm
post #5 of 17

Thx! When I had them taken, I told the photog, "There's a lady on my cake site that has an awesome pic! I want one like hers!" (Thanks leahs for being my inspiration!) We tried it with a rolling pin, but that looked too intimidating! icon_lol.gif

paula1234 Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 12:32am
post #6 of 17

This happens to ua a lot! I can laugh about this now, but 2 years ago my mother passed away and I went to find the burial plot papers to take to the funeral home. A couple of hours later the funeral director called and told me he needed to talk to me and he really didn't know how to say this but someone else was buried in my mothers spot. There was 3 plots, one for my mother, father and my brother (he was a down's syndrome that passed away 8 months after my mother.) At first I didn't know what to say, so I called the lady that owned the cemetery and talked to her, she was in tears, so I couldn't get upset. Her husband did all of this stuff and he had passed away 1 year earlier. I did ask her if he got put in his right place and she laughed and said no, he had put someone else there so they had to give him another plot. Now it makes me wonder if someone else is going have to move, anyway she had another place "a little further down" that she could give us only it had 4 plots together. I thought my parents have had these plots since the
70's and she is going to make me pay for extra plot . but she actually gave me the 4th plot for free for all the trouble I was going through. I told her if we had to put momma there she would make friends.,

JGMB Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 12:39am
post #7 of 17

Several years back, we had some house remodeling done and had a big rented dumpster in our driveway. The construction foreman said that we'd better tell people to stop throwing their stuff in there or it would fill up and we'd have to pay for a 2nd dumpster.

Well, just like Indydebi with the mail trail, I could tell that the toys in there were my next door neighbor's. His kid had just had a birthday and had gotten a new bike, a new basketball hoop, etc. All of the stuff in my dumpster were the old toys that they had discarded! I was too chicken to tell him outright, but did complain VERY loudly to my other neighbor when the perpetrator was in earshot -- his dumping promptly stopped. thumbs_up.gif

snowboarder Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:06am
post #8 of 17

This happened to us. They'd fill our can up with their trash so there was no room for ours. So wait, you expect us to pay for your trash and haul it out to the street on garbage day while our trash rots in the alley because there's no room for it in our can? No.

I was pretty sure I knew which neighbor it was, but I waited until I saw them do it on garbage day, right before they left for work. Then I went out and got all their crap out of the can and left it in a pile on their front porch. And that was the end of that. No more problems, although I'm pretty sure they just moved on to using another neighbor's can.

indydebi Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:11am
post #9 of 17

snowboarder, I keep saying that I'm going to sit just inside my shop's backdoor, reading a book, on Saturday night (that's when they seem to do their trash dump), with visions of me jumping out the back door when I hear them, and handing them a bill for their 1/2 of the monthly fee! (well, it's fun to do in my head!) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

snowboarder Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:17am
post #10 of 17

Ha! Something tells me you would have no problems pulling that off, Indy! P.S. - love the new photo!

Margieluvstobake Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 6:05am
post #11 of 17

I will have to admit that I see myself in this thread. One time our can was totally full, and we had an extra bag that needed to go out, and I put it in a neighbor's can that wasn't full. Only did it one time though. Maybe whoever did it to you won't do it again.

Just saw your new picture today Indy!! Love It. You do look like you could be dangerous with that spatula. LOL.

Mensch Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 6:11am
post #12 of 17

Debi, is there any way you can affix a heavy-duty padlock (or three) on your dumpster so you can lock it when you aren't there?

Thatäs what people around here do.

lthiele Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 12:42pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

snowboarder, I keep saying that I'm going to sit just inside my shop's backdoor, reading a book, on Saturday night (that's when they seem to do their trash dump), with visions of me jumping out the back door when I hear them, and handing them a bill for their 1/2 of the monthly fee! (well, it's fun to do in my head!) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Ahh ha ha - do it Debi, but take the rolling pin, NOT the spatula! icon_lol.gif

VannaD Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 4:40pm
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

Debi, is there any way you can affix a heavy-duty padlock (or three) on your dumpster so you can lock it when you aren't there?

Thatäs what people around here do.

I was thinking the same thing. My mom used to run a deli and she started to notice the dumpster filling up too fas. She went through it and found mail, so she called the lady and informed her she'd be calling the police (or whoever) if she didnt come remove her trash. The lady went up there and pulled all of her trash out the dump, and it was in broad daylight icon_redface.gif ! They started padlocking it the next day.

indydebi Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 4:44pm
post #15 of 17

There is a lock you can put on the dumpsters and still make it easy for the trucks to empty, but if you've ever worked in catering and ever had to deal with unlocking a freakin' dumpster everytime you needed to toss all of that trash and garbage, you know what a big PITA it is.

And what kind of world have we come to when we have to put a padlock on a TRASHCAN!! icon_eek.gif

Things that make ya go "aaaaauuuggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ruth0209 Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 4:51pm
post #16 of 17

I have to admit that I've done this on occasion, too. The garbage men picked up my side of the street REALLY early, then came back for the other side later. If I missed my pick up, sometimes I'd take my plastic bag and walk it across the street and put it next to the neighbor's can (not in it).

This was before we all got the giant sized cans on wheels. We recycle so much it takes me weeks to fill that big can with garbage. Now if I forget to put it out I just leave it for the next week.

Personally, I'd care more about someone going through my garbage and taking things OUT. Now that would really creep me out.

Texas_Rose Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 7:19pm
post #17 of 17

When I worked at Texaco, we were in a plaza center with a bunch of other businesses around us. Our dumpster was conveniently located to the three restarants in the plaza center, theirs were not. We also broke our boxes down so that our trash would fit in there and the owner only had to pay for having it emptied once a week.

I would put the bagged trash and broken down boxes in the bed of my truck during the shift, then drive around back to toss them later...safer because it was a bad area. Anyhow, one night the dumpster was so full of boxes that I couldn't get the trash from the bed of the truck to fit. I could tell the boxes belonged to the pizza restaurant, so I loaded them into the bed of the truck, threw my store's trash in the space, and then left the boxes in front of the pizza place, neatly piled in front of their door. They never put trash in our dumpster again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%