Help With Springform Pan / Cheesecake

Decorating By jenlg Updated 30 Oct 2009 , 8:43pm by jenlg

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 9

I'm trying to figure out what went wrong.

I made a cheesecake in my springform pan and it never set. I baked it according to a recipe I found here on CC. Bake crust first, wrap pan with foil, put in water and bake. The crust stuck to the bottom of the pan and when I unlatched the sides it stuck to it ruining the whole thing.

Does anyone have any tips or hints on how to make a good cheesecake in the springform that won't stick?

Help! I have a large order for cheesecakes due next week and I don't know what to do!!

8 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 9

I bake a Ccake to 169, take a knife go around the outside to free the cake. Let cool, depan.

Mike

jenlg Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 9

I'll give that a try, thank you. I have another in the oven right now hopefully it will be ok. This is such a waste of good food!

caked4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caked4life Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 9

jenlg,

let me know if you still have an issue. I just tried a new cheesecake recipe and it was the best cheesecake I have ever made and so super simple. No water bath or wrapping or prebaking at all.

jenlg Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 8:24pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by caked4life

jenlg,

let me know if you still have an issue. I just tried a new cheesecake recipe and it was the best cheesecake I have ever made and so super simple. No water bath or wrapping or prebaking at all.

Did you use a springform pan? This one in the oven now should have been done 20 minutes ago and it's still 'jiggly'.

-Anyone know where I can find a good strawberry cheesecake recipe as well? Not topped with the fruit....but the whole thing strawberry. I'm not having any luck finding one.

caked4life Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 8:26pm
post #6 of 9

I used a 9" springform pan and I had no trouble releasing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlg

Quote:
Originally Posted by caked4life

jenlg,

Did you use a springform pan? This one in the oven now should have been done 20 minutes ago and it's still 'jiggly'.

-Anyone know where I can find a good strawberry cheesecake recipe as well? Not topped with the fruit....but the whole thing strawberry. I'm not having any luck finding one.

andiesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andiesweet Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 8:29pm
post #7 of 9

When I prep cheesecake pans for my boss i always cut a cirle of parchment for the bottom of pan and a long rectangular piece to go around the inside wall of the pan. spray a little pam so the paper will stick.. We never have a problem with them. hope this helps...

caked4life Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 8:37pm
post #8 of 9

Here's my recipe....

Crust:
12 graham crackers
4 Tbsp. butter

Filling:

4(8oz.) pkgs. Cream cheese
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract (I use a tad bit more)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. BUTTER bottom and sides of 9 inch springform pan.

Place graham crackers and butter in food processor. Process until wet and coarse. Press crumbs in bottom of springform pan.

Place cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in clean food processor. Process until smooth. Pour into springform pan and bake until filling is set in centerabout 1 hour 15 mins. Allow to cool then CHILL AT LEAST 4 HOURS BEFORE SERVING (this is soooooo importantit makes it super, super creamy.)

jenlg Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 8:43pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%