Cake Euphoria!

Decorating By terrijproductions Updated 30 Oct 2009 , 6:50pm by terrijproductions

terrijproductions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrijproductions Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 9

I just had to share that I am in cake decorating heaven today. icon_smile.gif Last night I was finishing up a Dora cake for a friend's niece and it was one of those nights when the cake Gods were smiling down on me. The fondant was smooth and easy to work with, without a single crack or crease. The buttercream underneath it went on smoothly without a crumble to be seen. The fondant pieces I worked on a couple nights before to save me some time when I was pulling the final cake together went on without a hitch and were the perfect size.

Isn't it just a wonderful feeling when everything goes according to plan - perhaps even better than planned? And then the delivery was met with a huge hug from the birthday girl's mother. I can't wait to hear what the birthday girl thinks!

I'm basking in the glow of a cake well done today and would love to hear similar stories of your cake successes! I should add that I've only been making cakes for a few months so to feel this euphoria is still a bit new - and I was up way past my bedtime putting on the finishing touches so I may just be a bit punch drunk. icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 9

Love a geat cake high!!!

Happy for you.

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 9

I am so happy for you! It is a great feeling the the cake gods smile on you.
I did my first wedding cake last week. The cake was perfectly imperfect, but there were so many "firsts" that I was still really proud of it. I suppose it wasn't the wisest thing to do my first wedding cake with a bunch of other things I hadn't done before, but how else is a girl to learn? icon_biggrin.gif
After I finished covering the cakes with fondant my husband says "You must be getting better at fondant because I only heard you swear once." icon_rolleyes.gif That sounds really bad doesn't it?

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 5:35pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydragon663

After I finished covering the cakes with fondant my husband says "You must be getting better at fondant because I only heard you swear once." icon_rolleyes.gif That sounds really bad doesn't it?

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I really had to laugh at that one!

terrijproductions Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydragon663

I am so happy for you! It is a great feeling the the cake gods smile on you.
I did my first wedding cake last week. The cake was perfectly imperfect, but there were so many "firsts" that I was still really proud of it. I suppose it wasn't the wisest thing to do my first wedding cake with a bunch of other things I hadn't done before, but how else is a girl to learn? icon_biggrin.gif

LOL. That is hilarious.

I have a habit of trying new things at inopportune times myself. But I agree that you have to learn somehow! icon_biggrin.gif

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 6:09pm
post #6 of 9

What can I say? sometimes "Gosh darnit" just doesn't do it. icon_lol.gif

jillycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillycakes Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 6:29pm
post #7 of 9

I have felt that "cake euphoria" exactly twice - actually three times, but one time I woke up in the morning and my racoon's nose had fallen off, so euphoria turned into panic! I'm almost always disappointed with my cakes, so when one goes perfectly, it's an incredible high! Your Dora cake is adorable. You did a great job and should be proud!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 6:34pm
post #8 of 9

Usually my cake s don't turn out like I want but the recent pumpkin I did actually cake out exactly like I wanted it and the fondant went on perfectly. It was awesome! I was also pretty pleased with the BD cake for a 17 year old that it in my photos with'Basia' on it. Isn't it an awesome feeling when they turn out?!

terrijproductions Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 6:50pm
post #9 of 9

tracycakes - Your pumpkin cake did turn out quite amazing. You do excellent work!

jillycakes - Thanks! I know the feeling of usually not being quite satisfied with a cake. That just makes the euphoria that much better.

mightydragon663 - Yes, sometimes gosh darnit just doesn't cut it. I've definitely used some choice words while working with cake. Although fondant isn't usually the cause. It's usually when I have to carve a cake that my language becomes colorful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%