Mmf Help Quick!

Decorating By MammaG Updated 30 Oct 2009 , 6:43pm by MammaG

MammaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MammaG Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 8

Just did my buttercream coat and was about to roll out the MMF that I made last night. It was perfect last night, but now I guess it's too dry or something. It's like a rock and doesn't stretch but breaks. What can I do?

7 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 8

knead it in small portions. It will soften and become more pliable the more you knead it. Put some on a microwavable plate and heat it in 10 second intervals until it's workable (may take just one heating session to get it started...don't overdo it)

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 8

Microwave it for about ten seconds and see if that helps, if not microwave a bit longer. Just be careful because it doesn't take long to melt and it can burn pretty badly if you touch a melted spot.

all4cake Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:36pm
post #4 of 8

I'm riding your brainwaves Texas_Rose...icon_smile.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

I'm riding your brainwaves Texas_Rose...icon_smile.gif

LOL...the psychic cake connection icon_biggrin.gif There's someone else here who, a couple times a day will post just about the exact thing I'm posting at the exact time, to the point that sometimes I'll hit preview instead of submit to see if she's already answered it icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

MammaG Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks so much ladies. I ended up sprinkling a little water on it and working it out. It actually turned out to be the best fondant I've made so far LOL

all4cake Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 4:33pm
post #7 of 8

glad you got it figured out.

MammaG Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 6:43pm
post #8 of 8

If it happens again, though, I'll try the microwave. I just did something quickly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%