Help? Cake Ideas For A Fri 13Th Bday W/superstitious Theme?

Decorating By sweettooth622 Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 11:48pm by sweettooth622

sweettooth622 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth622 Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 5

My neighbor friend's son is turning 12 on Friday Nov 13th and they are going to throw him a supertitious Bday party. Complete with a crooked Horshoe above the door, open umbrellas all over the house, a ladder set up in the entry way so you have to walk through it to get inside, they have a black cat, & broken mirrors etc.
She asked me to make his cake and I need brainstorming ideas please. Nothing too complicated though, 'cause I'm still a beginner icon_sad.gif

Thanks!!

4 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 5

black cat under ladder with 13 steps with broken mirrow on bottom with glass on some of the steps, that would tie in the theme
you could make everything with fondant. HTH

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 5

This may not be what you're looking for, but I recently came across this pic, and I think it would be funny/gross/disturbing cake. I'm planning on doing it for a friend's birthday.
LL

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 5

I don't have anymore ideas for you, but I think it sounds like a fun cake. I hope you can post photos when you're done so we can see. And Txcupcake? That is one unlucky rabbit! Too bad someone took his lucky foot. icon_smile.gif

sweettooth622 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth622 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone. Turns out the kid's Mom wants to go with the actual Friday the 13th Theme & she wants me to make a Jason Hockey Mask cake. She doesn't want "blood" on it, but instead wants to go with a red velvet cake so the red shows through when it's cut. Which is great because I wasn't looking forward to making a gory cake....not exactly my forte, but I'd probably better get some practice in before my own child is that age icon_lol.gif
Anyway, I was planning on using white fondant, but not sure how to get that "aged" look. Anyone?

Thanks for your input icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%