Chocolate Ganache

Baking By Rhonda19 Updated 30 Oct 2009 , 5:09pm by Bluehue

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone!
I recently saw an episode of " Cake Boss " .. Buddy used Chocolate Ganache for a filling, but his was soooo thick!! My recipe is so very thin, you could never use it for a filling...

What would he have used to make his thick??

Thanks

5 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 2:55pm
post #2 of 6

Use less cream or more chocolate, sounds like yours is a pouring consistency. What is the ratio of chocolate to cream you are using?
Edited to add - if too thin, you can whip it up - comes out like chocolate mousse!

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 6

The ration for ganache is 2:1 - 2 parts chocolate to 1 part cream. Once you have thoroughly mixed the heated cream and chocolate, put saran wrap over the bowl and press it down onto the ganache. It will look like chocolate syrup. Leave over night and the next day it will be thick and creamy.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:02pm
post #4 of 6

As soon as the cream has come to the boil are you then adding it to the chocolate pieces - then allowing it to cool for a minute or two - then with your paddle attatchment beating it until it is whipped?

Once this is done just transfer it into a clean bowl ( if you wish) and let it stand for at least 6 hours - over night is best/all day.

That way your Ganache will thicken to the right consistancey.
Enabling you to tort/fill with it...and even use as an outter layer coating.

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks everyone.... that's what I am doing. Not whipping it afterwards. Unfortunately, I wanted to use it on a cake today, and I don't have enough time to make it ;0(

But next time.....

Thanks!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 6

Your welcome - thats what is good about ths forum - we can come and ask when we are all in doubt.
We never stop learning.

Bluehue icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%