Selling Cupcakes To Business, Do I Package Individually???

Business By supakiki Updated 30 Oct 2009 , 5:34pm by TexasSugar

supakiki Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 5:42am
post #1 of 6

Just wondering if I need to worry about this. This business buys cupcakes from me, then they hand them out to clients. Actually, they place them on a covered tray to let customers take them if they'd like. The staff ask them individually, so people don't have their hands in there all day, but is it my responsibility to wrap them separately Or do I not need to? Maybe, because the business bought them from me, they can hand them out however they want to? Any help? Thanks so much!

5 replies
Bluehue Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 6:31am
post #2 of 6

I would either box them or place them in little cellophane food safe bags.
Not only does it look more appealing, but protects them from wht ever might be floating around in the air - (dust, people sneezing etc)

I am guessing that the business that buys them from you is not in the *food industry* - so they wouldn't really have anything appropriate to put them in ............................................ would they????

Perhaps just the little cellophane bags - as that way it is keeping your costs down.

Bluehue icon_smile.gif

CakeDiva73 Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 6:32am
post #3 of 6

Well, the big problem with cupcake containers is the price - they are expensive. If you package them individually, are they going to pay more to cover the cost?

The goodside to the individual packaging is it would allow you to put a sticker on the back/bottom with your advertising info: name, number, website, etc. I order the address labels from Vista Print for about $3.00 for 144 or combine it with another 'free' order and it hardly affects the price.

indydebi Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 12:58pm
post #4 of 6

what does the customer want? Do they want them packaged at a higher price or do they want them bulk packed at a lower price? This is not an issue of how "nice" you want to be to them. It's an issue of what level of product/service do they want to pay for.

Kiddiekakes Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 1:19pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with Indy.....Let them decide..Why should you pay for the packaging.

TexasSugar Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 5:34pm
post #6 of 6

Definetly let them decide if they want to pay the extra cost to package them. If you do end up doing it, then you can use clear plastic cups to put the cupcakes in, then put them in a bag. I wouldn't go for anything super expensive or fancy unless they are clear of the costs and will pay for it, ahead of time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%