Equipment Stands For Commercial Ovens

Business By jsmith Updated 2 Nov 2009 , 2:47pm by jsmith

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 4:22am
post #1 of 7

For those who have a large commercial oven, what do you have it on? I recently bought a Deluxe full sheet pan oven with 3 racks and set it up on a stainless steel equipment stand I bought. It's big enough and holds the weight but it wobbles and jiggles. I'm not comfortable with keeping my $3200 oven on a wobbly equipment stand. Deluxe offered me a stand that went with the oven for $700 but I'd rather not spend that much.

6 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 7

Hmmmm I wonder if the 700 one wobbles?

Mike

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 7

I had one specially made for mine. It cost me about 200-250.

jsmith Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 7

I didn't see a picture of the Deluxe stand but I saw some online that were the same price and they look a lot less stable than my equipment stand. It just seems like with such a heavy and expensive piece of equipment they would make them more solid.

Mensch-Is yours made of wood or stainless steel? Do you happen to have a picture of it? Maybe I can find someone to make one for me.

Here's a picture of the one I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110429841162&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Thanks for your responses.

jsmith Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 12:30am
post #5 of 7

Does anyone else have some suggestions?

cfao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfao Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 2:29pm
post #6 of 7

I had a cabinet shop make mine. I gave them the dimensions of my Deluxe oven and they made it from really heavy white formica type material. They placed shelves under the stand that I can use for storage so it's not just dead space. It was around $250 and well worth it.

jsmith Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 2:47pm
post #7 of 7

That's a great idea! I wish I'd asked before I bought the equipment stand. I'll have to check out some cabinet makers around here. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%