Recipe Good Enough For A Wedding Cake

Baking By Mzz_noel Updated 1 Nov 2009 , 1:54pm by indydebi

Mzz_noel Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 4:21am
post #1 of 6

So, I get a phone call from my cousin the other day... She's getting married and she has asked me to do her wedding cake... I don't do wedding cakes I do specialty cakes! So, I need a really delicious recipe for a wedding cake. I would prefer a white cake but anything Vanilla in flavoring will do. Also, I've never worked with any type of a heating core and almost all of my large cakes fall slightly in the center... how do I prevent this from happening?

5 replies
lilthorner Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 5:24am
post #2 of 6

there isn't a recipe for different occasions..ask her what flavor she would like if you feel up to it.

regarding a core, i use a flower nail (sometimes) in cakes over 10 inches but most of the time I just turn down the temp

MrsSoul Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 5:55am
post #3 of 6

when most people say "wedding cake flavor" they mean almond or an almond butter blend. Also a heating core would help with the falling cakes but you can always use marzipan or thick butter cream to level off the cake. If you can do speciality cakes you can do a wedding cake. Just take your time and look at some wedding cake videos on the net for inspiration.

Good Luck

Mzz_noel Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 5:12am
post #4 of 6

Thank you Ladies,
As far as a heating core goes I've never used one are there any tips you can give me for this?

CarolAnn Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 6:09am
post #5 of 6

WASC/white almond sour cream is wonderful whenever you want a nice white cake. The recipe is on this site. I use it a lot and it's yummmmmmmie!!

I use a flower nail in my cakes larger than 8". I have a large flower nail I use for big cakes. I've used 2 nails in a large sheet cake. The distribute the heat like a heating core and easier to use. Grease it and place in the center of your pan on the parchment before you add the batter. OR you can stick it through the parchment, which keeps it out of the cake and easier to remove. Grease it first.

indydebi Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 1:54pm
post #6 of 6

Agree ... there is no special "wedding cake" recipe. What works for your birthday will work for your wedding.

I had a bride call and ask "Everyone is telling me I have to have almond flavor for a wedding cake.....?" I told her "Darlin' you can have any flavor you want. Personally, I think an almond cake tastes like crap." She laughed and said, "So do I! That's what I was worried about!" icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%