Crystal Cake Banding

Decorating By buttercuppie Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 9:46am by Bride2Be2010

buttercuppie Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:24am
post #1 of 5

I just wanted to check in to see if anyone has used the crystal cake banding on a cake and your thoughts on it. I've found some on Couture Crystals and also on Toppers w/ Glitz but am not 100% sure...

...any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

BTW...GO YANKEES!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
JanH Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 4:44am
post #2 of 5
buttercuppie Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 1:56pm
post #3 of 5

Hi...kinda but not 100%...I know that leash_s used something similiar which definitely helps. I was also looking to see if anyone had used anything from those particular companies...thanks for the referral though! I think I'm just going to have to recommend it to my bride and if she likes it...just tack on that cost to the cake.

Thanks again!

KHalstead Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 2:06pm
post #4 of 5

if she wanted something cheaper, I've seen ribbon at Wal-mart like that. It's in the section with alll the different edging materials/cords that are sold by the yard. It's rhinestones, I think people use it for bracelets and around the edge of dance outfits or something.

Looks like this
LL

Bride2Be2010 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 9:46am
post #5 of 5

In my honest opinion, the fabric at Walmart just doesn't do a wedding cake justice.

If you want quality banding at a wholesale cost, take a look at Diamond Party Confetti:
http://shop.diamondpartyconfetti.com/category.sc;jsessionid=76F97E8FEF409A0BA5AD1B031AA8F18B.qscstrfrnt05?categoryId=18

They have several different options for row sizes and the sparkle effect is amazing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%