Help On Monogram Cake Topper Please Help

Decorating By beatricecakes Updated 31 Oct 2009 , 7:17pm by beatricecakes

beatricecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beatricecakes Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 2:36am
post #1 of 6

What would be the best thing to make a fansy monogram letter z cake topper out of. I want it to be strong. I was thinking fondant but i don't think it will dry hard enough. Please help .. Thank you

5 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 2:37am
post #2 of 6

Gumpaste.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 1:43am
post #3 of 6

Ditto on the gumpaste.

Jen icon_smile.gif

ramacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramacake Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 4:50am
post #4 of 6

You could pipe it out of chocolate.

Lay a sheet of waxed paper on a stiff piece of cardboard. Then using melted chocolate in a piping bag, draw whatever shape is desired. Chill in fridge until firm. Then remove from paper and turn over and re-pipe the back side and attach sucker sticks. This can be in whatever color of chocolate you want. I do a lot of numbers and letters this way. After they are done, then you can outline in another color , or squiggle more melted chocolate around the outside edge and sprinkle with edible glitter or little confetti pieces. Chill again. I usually leave in fridge until I am ready to deliver cake.

This is a fast technique, and very sturdy.

ramacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramacake Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 5:24am
post #5 of 6

You could pipe it out of chocolate.

Lay a sheet of waxed paper on a stiff piece of cardboard. Then using melted chocolate in a piping bag, draw whatever shape is desired. Chill in fridge until firm. Then remove from paper and turn over and re-pipe the back side and attach sucker sticks. This can be in whatever color of chocolate you want. I do a lot of numbers and letters this way. After they are done, then you can outline in another color , or squiggle more melted chocolate around the outside edge and sprinkle with edible glitter or little confetti pieces. Chill again. I usually leave in fridge until I am ready to deliver cake.

This is a fast technique, and very sturdy.

beatricecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beatricecakes Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 7:17pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you for all the good reply I am going to try both and see which one i like the best. I will post a picture when i get it done thank you again
beatrice cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%