French Pastry School

Business By Polkadot79 Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 1:35am by 11cupcakes

Polkadot79 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 4

Did any of you attend The French Pastry School in Chicago? I'm seriously considering enrolling in their new 4 month Cake course. I'm currently teaching at the high school level and very dissatisfied.

Any advice or comments?

3 replies
CookieMakinMomma Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 4

they have a CAKE COURSE now???

I almost went. Applied. Was accepted. Planned on moving in with a friend who lived in the city...

Weeks before I leave I meet the man of my dreams. Days later I decide not to go to Chicago. Three and a half years later we are married, we have a beautiful son, and I am starting my own bakery. I still have my acceptance letter and every now and then I think about how much fun those classes would have been (never mind downtown Chicago!).

Sorry, I know this doesn't help you at all. Mentioning the school kicked off a spurt of memories for me. I think they would have a great program but that's more opinion than fact. If you do take it, will you tell me all about it so I can pretend I was there? icon_smile.gif

Polkadot79 Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 12:09am
post #3 of 4

Funny, cute, sweet story!

I get emails weekly it seems reminding me of open house days and makes me all the more ready to give in my notice and take off! ...but then I think about having no income for 4 months. icon_eek.gif I just don't know if I want to put myself into that situation. I wish I had a friend that lived in Chicago so I could crash with them for a few months.

The new course outline is on there website...it looks absolutely fantastic! I've been trying to teach myself for the past year, but would love the experience. I'm seriously considering opening a speciality cake/cafe within the next year or so. It's just such a huge step of faith to take.

11cupcakes Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:35am
post #4 of 4

I know someone who went there, she really liked it. She had chance to stay as intern there for several month too. But it's expensive, I would rather take some classes with great instructors. And buy lots of gum paste and fondant to practice.But if money isn't issue GO FOR IT! You'll enjoy it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%