Sick Of Jon And Kate

Lounge By Pookie59 Updated 6 Nov 2009 , 12:18am by Ruth0209

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 1:53am
post #31 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

The show that I think is disgusting is "18 and Counting". Those people just need to stop. With that many deductions, they've probably never paid a penny in income taxes to help support the school system they use, the fire and police protection they receive, the roads they drive on, etc. Oh, yeah. I'M the one who pays all those federal taxes...

If that burns your butt have you heard that their house is technically a church with all the tax exemptions that a church has, like property tax, because they home church?

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:16am
post #32 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

The show that I think is disgusting is "18 and Counting". Those people just need to stop. With that many deductions, they've probably never paid a penny in income taxes to help support the school system they use, the fire and police protection they receive, the roads they drive on, etc. Oh, yeah. I'M the one who pays all those federal taxes...

If that burns your butt have you heard that their house is technically a church with all the tax exemptions that a church has, like property tax, because they home church?

Gee whiz. Why am I not surprised? I know, let's have more kids than any couple could possibly support on our own, then we'll scam every angle possible so everyone else pays for them.

Okay, I'll step off my soapbox now before I pi$$ everyone off.

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:59pm
post #33 of 45

Here's the latest. This guy makes me sick:

As an explanation for what caused him to act the way he did, Jon said, Its hard for a man to stay home for two years and change diapers and make meals and deal with doctors appointments and all the stuff that you expect your wife to do.

WHAT???? Does he think it's any easier for a woman? And, he's inferring that all those chores are WOMEN's WORK and Dad's aren't supposed to have that responsibility! What a self-absorbed little boy! For his information, lots of men become "house hubands" when it's more economically feasible for mom to bring home the bacon.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:00pm
post #34 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie59

Here's the latest. This guy makes me sick:

As an explanation for what caused him to act the way he did, Jon said, Its hard for a man to stay home for two years and change diapers and make meals and deal with doctors appointments and all the stuff that you expect your wife to do.

WHAT???? Does he think it's any easier for a woman? And, he's inferring that all those chores are WOMEN's WORK and Dad's aren't supposed to have that responsibility! What a self-absorbed little boy! For his information, lots of men become "house hubands" when it's more economically feasible for mom to bring home the bacon.

icon_eek.gif He really said that?!?! What a piece of work. He's a troll and even the chicks at the bars think he is a leech. Last laugh sucker. icon_twisted.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:03pm
post #35 of 45

I heard him say that too....they showed a bit of that interview on the Today show.

I really couldn't believe my ears.....he's a little boy that never grew up, NOW he wants to relive his college years with all of these bimbos at the bar rooms.

Did I just say that? I'm really starting to sound like my mother. icon_confused.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:08pm
post #36 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

I heard him say that too....they showed a bit of that interview on the Today show.

I really couldn't believe my ears.....he's a little boy that never grew up, NOW he wants to relive his college years with all of these bimbos at the bar rooms.

Did I just say that? I'm really starting to sound like my mother. icon_confused.gif

Nothing funnier/sadder/pathetic than a late 30ish man dressing up like a 21ish dude and trolling the bars for women. I know several "men" like this. One actually posted on his FB account the other day something to the effect of whether or not two nearly of-age girls equaling one cougar. Pathetic. And funny. Some never grow up. I remember nasty a$$ old guys like that hitting on me and my friends when we were fresh on the club scene.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 9:09pm
post #37 of 45

i for one, am tired of that show...it needs to go off the air! icon_sad.gif

sherri530 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherri530 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 12:50am
post #38 of 45

So over it!!!!! I reallly did enjoy the show with my younger kids when it was a few episodes a year. This just proves that money and greed will destory you!!!! How can Kate possibly say that they Have to do the show to support the kids????? My husband works in construction in Calif., we own a home, a newer suburban, and have 4 kids,.....and we manage one 1 income in Calif!!!!! Now we are not living in the lap of luxury mind you, but we feel like we have more than most.Your telling me that they can't support those kids with 2 incomes in Penn.???? Give me a break!!!!! They wouldn't be able to live in a 2 million $$ home and go on vacation. So what!!!!! And another question on my mind is what was the problem with the old house???? It looked pretty spacious to me. Sometimes kids have to share bedrooms, it won't kill them. He is just delusional and she is GREEDY,GREEDY,GREEDY!!!!!!

Ruth0209 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 5:46am
post #39 of 45

I just watched the show with Kate talking to Natalie Morales, and I don't care what any of you say, she is a woman who is in tremendous emotional pain. You may not agree with her point of view, but anyone who thinks she's trying to hurt her children for her own benefit is just being mean-spirited. Have a little compassion.

And if you don't like the show, for God's sake get off your behind and change the channel and don't give it another thought. What do you care if it's still on the air? You're not a prisoner of the TV. Watch what makes you happy.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 6:48am
post #40 of 45

I don't think she's trying to hurt the kids, but I don't think it helps them to have mommy away co-hosting "The View" in NY one week, guesting on "Ellen" in LA the next, back to NY for the "Today" show...c'mon stay home and take that high road you're always talking about.
He's even worse...the guy is everywhere...whatever program will throw him a bone, he's there.

I don't watch their TLC show, but they both keep appearing on shows I do enjoy.

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 12:03pm
post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

I don't think she's trying to hurt the kids, but I don't think it helps them to have mommy away co-hosting "The View" in NY one week, guesting on "Ellen" in LA the next, back to NY for the "Today" show...c'mon stay home and take that high road you're always talking about.
He's even worse...the guy is everywhere...whatever program will throw him a bone, he's there.

I don't watch their TLC show, but they both keep appearing on shows I do enjoy.

Well put...Here Here!!!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 12:57pm
post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherri530

And another question on my mind is what was the problem with the old house???? It looked pretty spacious to me. Sometimes kids have to share bedrooms, it won't kill them. He is just delusional and she is GREEDY,GREEDY,GREEDY!!!!!!

This brought back memories for me.....I'm the youngest of 8 and grew up in a 3 bedroom CapeCod style house with 1 bathroom. 4 kids in each bedroom.

Maybe this is why I enjoy my few moments of solitude now. icon_biggrin.gif

Ruth, I don't think anyone here thinks that Kate "set out" to hurt her kids, but I have to say that some of the decisions her and Jon made have hurt them and will continue to hurt them tremendously.

Sure, she's in pain right now.....she hates to see this lifestyle she's grown accustom to go out the window. She may just have to go back to nursing and work for a living like the rest of the world.

I don't watch the show, I've seen maybe 3 episodes....that was enough. I'm tired of seeing and hearing their name on every news program.

There are more important things to report on....like the thousands of men and woman risking their lives in the middle east for all of us. THAT'S who I'd rather hear about....not Kate and Jon.

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 1:37pm
post #43 of 45

I have watched only 10 or 15 minutes of several episodes of this show, because something always is filmed that makes me shudder and I have to turn it off.
I think it is unfair that Kate is flamed for wearing nice clothes and heels. I teach little kids and often wear nice clothes and heels. She travels and is away from her kids-so are a lot of great moms. She loves nice things and trips. I would too, just can't afford them.
What really freaks me out is that so many parents make comments of what a wonderful strong woman she is. It just screams that the general public actually does not have a clue what a great parent looks like or acts like. That is not their fault. Where do adults learn that? When I had my kids I had to take childbirth classes. That was fine, but who teaches you what to do with the child after you birth the baby?
Some of us have had great parents and have had it modeled, others were not that fortunate. Some of us have been educated in child development, child psychology and behavior modification- most have not. Some people just have a natural instinct. Most have not. They teach driver's ed. in school. I think they should start teaching parenting classes too. Not the carry the robot baby or the egg around-real child development. Most of the high school students will become parents-let's teach that, most will not use the calculus classes. (I'm not saying it shouldn't be taught.)
Do you think I'm wrong about Kate's parenting? Look at how she uses "time out" not for the fighting between kids, but because one of the tups cries because he wanted to go with dad. He needs a HUG not an isolation. He should be pulled in and distracted, not pushed away. What parent lets her children be filmed on the potty??? Potty stuff is the most interesting thing to K-2 kids! Oh, send them to school with classmates that have seen that. OMG. I could go on and on-Maddy and no water etc. I don't think she wants to hurt them. She just can not see how they are being hurt.
Let this be a wake up call to all of us. No one wants to be a bad parent. We all love our kids and want the best for them. Not everyone knows what is best for kids and how to achieve it. Let's start a grassroot demand for that information to be shared with all American adults.

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 11:26pm
post #44 of 45

I agree that Kate is in real pain. No disputing that. I don't see her as the money grubber some people make her out to be - no more so than any other celebrity. Still, I think the show needed to stop for the sake of the kids. She'll do just fine without having her kids on TV.

Jon, on the other hand, better hope that he gets a bunch of royalties from re-runs because I think he will go no where. He is so screwed up! It sound like even his 22-year-old girlie is tired of him, tired of his lies, tired of being drug through the mud with him. (She comes off as a silly, by the way).

Ruth0209 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 12:18am
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie59

I agree that Kate is in real pain. No disputing that. I don't see her as the money grubber some people make her out to be - no more so than any other celebrity. Still, I think the show needed to stop for the sake of the kids. She'll do just fine without having her kids on TV.

Jon, on the other hand, better hope that he gets a bunch of royalties from re-runs because I think he will go no where. He is so screwed up! It sound like even his 22-year-old girlie is tired of him, tired of his lies, tired of being drug through the mud with him. (She comes off as a silly, by the way).

Yeah, Jon is not much of a man, isn't he?

I think the very saddest thing about Kate's interview was when she talked about losing her friends because they couldn't cope with the onslaught of publicity that they had to endure, and about her own brother selling her out. She just seems really alone with no one to trust.

And everyone is right that it won't be the end of the world if she has to go back to working in a regular job, although I'm not sure why anyone thinks you can just reduce your standard of living when you've committed yourself to a mortgage and other financial obligations. It can take some time to work your way out of that to a smaller lifestyle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%