Sick Of Jon And Kate

Lounge By Pookie59 Updated 6 Nov 2009 , 12:18am by Ruth0209

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 45

Who isn't sick of that saga. But... I found it terribly interesting that in a People Magazine interview Jon's little hotsy totsy girlfriend admits that he has anger issues ("throws mantrums" and is mean to her) and that he tends to "dance around the truth".

I feel so sorry for those kids!

44 replies
Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 45

I agree - I am sick to death of that show and of both of them and I wish they would just go away. What people won't do for money and exploiting their kids doens't seem to bother them.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 45

Attention whores, the lot of them.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 45

I too am tired of seeing & hearing about their endless drama, and I can't believe his new chick is staying with him...it's crazy.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 11:40pm
post #5 of 45

It is sad, very, very sad. They are both disgusting for dragging their children through this mess, and neither one of them shows any sign of trying to get out of the spotlight any time soon. So, so wrong.

thumbsdown.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 11:48pm
post #6 of 45

They make my skin crawl, and since they live about half an hour from me, the media here is always taking about them. Jon recently got a speeding ticket on Route 78. *barf*

Their show was cancelled, correct? I hope?

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 12:13am
post #7 of 45

What I can't stand is how they insist that they do/did the show "for the kids" oh PLEASE.....was the tummy tuck, veneers and complete physical makeover for the kids too? They both make me sick.

Poor kids.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 12:32am
post #8 of 45

I am so with ya on this one!!

I saw another one of the tabloid-ish magazines that boasted that it was a "Gosslin Free" issue.

What does that tell ya?!? icon_rolleyes.gif

Barb1959 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb1959 Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 12:38am
post #9 of 45

My husband saw on a tabloid in the grocery store that there is going to be a movie on them. Gross.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 2:55am
post #10 of 45

I've never watched the show, but I am so sick of hearing of them on the news. It seems that she's an opportunist, self indulgent witch...but again I've never watched the show.

Peridot Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 1:11pm
post #11 of 45

The problem with all of this is ...... there are the people out there that keep this thing going by being their fans, buying the magazines, endorsing what they do, watching the stupid show - you know what I mean. And the news media is just pathetic - and the talk shows and the magazine producers - they too will do anything to make a buck. Without them this thing would not exist and wouldn't that be wonderful!!

I put the Gosslins in the same category as Octomom and the family with the 18 or 19 kids. LURVELY nailed it - she is exactly right!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 1:44pm
post #12 of 45

people will prostitute themselves with anything for their 15 minutes of fame. Is this REALLY how you want to go down in your family history book?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 1:47pm
post #13 of 45

I have always hated Jon and Kate. Please take them off the air.

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 2:56pm
post #14 of 45

I didn't used to hate the show. I would watch it be sooooo glad I didn't have 8 kids. But after they money started rolling in, the whole dynamic changed. All that money didn't help them any. It ruined their lives. They would have been better off without it.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 2:59pm
post #15 of 45
Quote:
Quote:

I put the Gosslins in the same category as Octomom and the family with the 18 or 19 kids.

BINGO. I can't stand any of them.

indydebi Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 2:59pm
post #16 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie59

I didn't used to hate the show. I would watch it be sooooo glad I didn't have 8 kids. But after they money started rolling in, the whole dynamic changed. All that money didn't help them any. It ruined their lives. They would have been better off without it.

Hubby has a phrase: "Poor-a$$ people have poor-a$$ ways." There is a difference between a poor person (low financial income) and a poor-A$$ person (qualifies for every Jerry Springer episode). Money doesnt' change a poor-a$$ person ..... they're just poor-a$$ with money, now.

Peridot Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:34am
post #17 of 45

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:24am
post #18 of 45

can't stand either of them... LOVE their adorable, adorable kids though.

i'm torn, i KNOW the show and what it's doing to their family is beyond awful, but at the same time, i've loved seeing the little kids go from tiny newborns, to 5 year olds and to watch their personalities grow. i'd love to spend an afternoon with those kids! they're so sweet.

the show HAS to go for the sake of those kids, but it'll be sad for all the others like me who liked seeing them go through their phases.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 6:13am
post #19 of 45

Who are Jon and Kate?

I take it that it is some kind of TV-show.

The solution seems simple, folks. If you 'hate' it that much, or are 'so sick of them', then stop watching.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 6:32am
post #20 of 45

Jon and Kate had a successful reality tv show: Jon and Kate Plus 8.

Now the media buzz is about their pending divorce, the fate of the show, of their children, his new girlfriend, etc.

I've never seen the show, but even if you're not interested in that or their personal problems it's hard to avoid on some channels since promos for and before the news or other shows present short film clips on them to try and get you to watch.

Makes me glad I usually watch syfy (science fiction channel) and CNN (news).

HTH

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:14pm
post #21 of 45

I don't watch any of those - I am a food network, discovery channel and PBS kinda gal! You are just BOMBARDED with the stuff even at the grocery store (walk by the checkout - all the magazines have their pics plastered all over them) I even debated posting here about it, because even that is giving them some of MY time. icon_sad.gif

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:09pm
post #22 of 45

I have never watched the show because I don't find it interesting to sit and watch a family with kids. But when I heard how popular it was I thought maybe it's better than I thought. So I watched an episode and was so bored. I cannot believe it has high ratings and I don't understand what is so interesting. If people would stop watching it, the ratings would drop and their show would probably be canceled...

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 9:35pm
post #23 of 45

that's why I do not own a TV at home. My children have been raised with no TV in the house. Since I am deaf, I don't have the time or energy to "hear" Jon and kate gossip.

Today at work my coworker signed to me the latest Jon and kate updates. I signed to her I do not own a TV set at home - too busy with family, baking, and trying to gain full range of movement on my frozen shoulder.

She signed back to me you are missing exciting shows on TV.

I think it is sad when you watch TV or soap operas all day. My coworker complains she never has time too clean her house.

I told her Turn off the TV and get started on her to do list.

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 5:00am
post #24 of 45

As much as I agree with every comment in this thread, the Saga of Jon & Kate is far from over...

Yes the show is cancelled and there was talk about the show going forward with Jon (renamed Kate plus icon_cool.gif but that idea too has been shelved.

But the worst part is now Jon is in talks for his OWN reality show...I hope your all sitting down for this one!!!

It would be a show featuring him and OCTOMom DATING!!!!!

I kid you not!

As much as I hate the show, I just watch other stuff and cant say I watched more that 10 minutes of it when they were announcing they were splitting (very sad that a family was destroyed for $$ and ratings).

But the big question I have is WTF is TLC thinking???!!! I thought they were supposed to be the learning channel...so what are we learning while watching this show?

That Money Talks and the Gosslin's have a price tag they placed on there family values and sanctity.

Sadly enough they paid more than they received because it cost the children any shot at a normal life and a family for many years to come.

indydebi Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 1:51pm
post #25 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

I've never seen the show, but even if you're not interested in that or their personal problems it's hard to avoid on some channels since promos for and before the news or other shows present short film clips on them to try and get you to watch.

exactly. I've also never seen the show but feel like I know them because of the headlines at the checkout, the promos between shows, etc. Information overload.

Quote:
Quote:

But the big question I have is WTF is TLC thinking???!!! I thought they were supposed to be the learning channel...so what are we learning while watching this show?

Welcome to the Jerry Springer Channel! Or maybe TLC will stand for The Low Class channel! icon_lol.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 7:20pm
post #26 of 45

I am sure that they both went into this show hoping to be able to ensure their childrens' financial security. They have EIGHT children to support after all. And I don't have the impression either of them had high paying jobs prior to the babies. I don't begrudge them that.

I've actually enjoyed watching some of the show. Multiples are fascinating, and they're certainly not the first family to capitalize on their unique family situation. I seriously doubt the children feel abused in any way. They've had a bunch of wonderful experiences they never could have afforded without the show. All that is very enriching to a child.

The show that I think is disgusting is "18 and Counting". Those people just need to stop. With that many deductions, they've probably never paid a penny in income taxes to help support the school system they use, the fire and police protection they receive, the roads they drive on, etc. Oh, yeah. I'M the one who pays all those federal taxes...

And don't even get me started on their carbon footprint. Can you imagine the amount of electricity they use to run their house, do all that laundry? Sorry, I just think that's irresponsible. I'm sure they're a lovely family, but they still belong to a community and an earth that they have some responsibility to as well.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 12:23am
post #27 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

The show that I think is disgusting is "18 and Counting". Those people just need to stop.

thumbs_up.gif

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 12:28am
post #28 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

The show that I think is disgusting is "18 and Counting". Those people just need to stop. With that many deductions, they've probably never paid a penny in income taxes to help support the school system they use, the fire and police protection they receive, the roads they drive on, etc. Oh, yeah. I'M the one who pays all those federal taxes...

And don't even get me started on their carbon footprint. Can you imagine the amount of electricity they use to run their house, do all that laundry? Sorry, I just think that's irresponsible. I'm sure they're a lovely family, but they still belong to a community and an earth that they have some responsibility to as well.

I don't know about fire and police, etc., but I do know that they homeschool all of their children. They also purchase all clothing, shoes, toys, etc. at thrift stores, and hand down items until they are falling apart, to recycle as much as possible. They also put several systems in their new house (that they built mostly themselves and own outright) that are "green" and "energy efficient". I would bet that their "carbon footprint" is a lot less than many much smaller families.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 12:28am
post #29 of 45

I agree that the 18 kid-people just keep having kids just to have em. Like it's a huge competition and they want to WIN. And the sad thing is their oldest just had a child and I wonder if he will feel compelled to walk in Jim-Bob's footsteps? Tatertot casserole and all!!!

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 12:55am
post #30 of 45

I just saw a trailer on tv advertising that Kate will be on tv "telling her story" Oh my, that will be so thrilling! Just can't wait to find out all the details of her amazing life and contributions to the world. Oh wait! My mistake, I was thinking of Jane Goodall. Kate, hmmm-hasn't she already had a ghost writer tell everything in books Kate promotes as her own, had her life televised week by week and blabbed about her life on many other tv shows? I wonder what details we haven't already been exposed to?
I won't be watching, I have a high tolerance for boring tv, but this is even beyond my limit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%