Decorating ?

Baking By krm52200 Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 3:40pm by 2SchnauzerLady

krm52200 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 6

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it anywhere. How do you attach fondant to your cookies? I made some the other day and used a bit of water to attach it to the NFSC. They tasted fine but I felt like they were a bit bland. Do any of you use frosting to attach the fondant?

Thanks for any input!

Kelly

5 replies
bonniebakes Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 6

Kelly,

welcome to cake central!

I use royal icing for my cookies, so I can't answer your fondant question first-hand, but I have read that a lot of people put the fondant on while the cookies are still warm, so the fondant sticks without any other "glue."

hope that helps some!

Bonnie

badkitty Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 6

I like to just put the fondant on when the cookies are still hot, that way it bonds really well. But I seem to recall someone saying they used a wash of thinned jam/preserves to attach it. That would add and extra pop of flavor.

Malakin Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 6

Some use strained Apricot brushed on which gives it a nice taste and helps it stick.

Bluehue Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 6

I make up a sugar syrup and when the cookies are cool - i just paint a TINY bit on each cookie -

[b]1 cup water and 1 cup of castor sugar - bring to boil - boil for 1 minute - take of heat - when cold transfere into a sterilized jar - keeps in the fridge for abnout 2 weeks.[/b
]Just pour a little bit into a dish - that way you aren't contaminating the whole lot with little bits of cookie residue.
Then just tip out down the sink what you haven;'t used.

Your Fondant will certainly stay put.
You can add a drop of flavoured oil to the sugar syrup if you wish -

Bluehue icon_smile.gif

2SchnauzerLady Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 6

Someone taught me to brush on a thinned corn syrup and then place the fondant. Although apricot preserves sound yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%