Decorating ?

Baking By krm52200 Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 3:40pm by 2SchnauzerLady

krm52200 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 6

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it anywhere. How do you attach fondant to your cookies? I made some the other day and used a bit of water to attach it to the NFSC. They tasted fine but I felt like they were a bit bland. Do any of you use frosting to attach the fondant?

Thanks for any input!

5 replies
bonniebakes Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 6

welcome to cake central!

I use royal icing for my cookies, so I can't answer your fondant question first-hand, but I have read that a lot of people put the fondant on while the cookies are still warm, so the fondant sticks without any other "glue."

hope that helps some!

badkitty Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 6

I like to just put the fondant on when the cookies are still hot, that way it bonds really well. But I seem to recall someone saying they used a wash of thinned jam/preserves to attach it. That would add and extra pop of flavor.

Malakin Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 6

Some use strained Apricot brushed on which gives it a nice taste and helps it stick.

Bluehue Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 6

I make up a sugar syrup and when the cookies are cool - i just paint a TINY bit on each cookie -

[b]1 cup water and 1 cup of castor sugar - bring to boil - boil for 1 minute - take of heat - when cold transfere into a sterilized jar - keeps in the fridge for abnout 2 weeks.[/b
]Just pour a little bit into a dish - that way you aren't contaminating the whole lot with little bits of cookie residue.
Then just tip out down the sink what you haven;'t used.

Your Fondant will certainly stay put.
You can add a drop of flavoured oil to the sugar syrup if you wish -

Bluehue icon_smile.gif

2SchnauzerLady Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 6

Someone taught me to brush on a thinned corn syrup and then place the fondant. Although apricot preserves sound yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%