Wonky Cupcake Wrappers

Baking By sugarloaf Updated 2 Nov 2009 , 8:38pm by cylstrial

sugarloaf Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:08pm
post #1 of 8

I've just baked a batch of cupcakes and the paper cups seem to have come away from the cupcake after baking.This seems to happen every now and then and I don't quite know why. Does anyone have any wisdom on this. It's been raining heaps here and I thought the humidity has affected the cupcake wrappers somehow??

7 replies
cylstrial Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:54pm
post #2 of 8

I used to have trouble with the wrappers pulling away because for some reason I had it in my head that I had to spray them with Pam. After I stopped doing that, I've never had any trouble with them.

sweetcravings Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 1:19pm
post #3 of 8

There was a thread about this not long ago, if you search you may find it. If i recall correctly some said that they notice this happening when they take the cupcakes out of the baking tins too soon after baking. It's best to leave them in the tins till cooled. HTH

sugarloaf Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:46am
post #4 of 8

Hi cylstrial,
Thanks for getting back, but what's Pam?

sugarloaf Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:48am
post #5 of 8

Hi Cylstrial,
thanks for getting back to me on that. But what is Pam is that some sort of spray?

sugarloaf Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:59am
post #6 of 8

Hi sweetcravings,
Thanks I did find that thread after I'd posted the topic. I feel it was to do with the Humidity on that day. The papers were almost instantly doing it after coming out of the oven. It doesn't happen very often and it doesn't rain very often either, I'm going on a hunch. I think I'll keep a baking journal and make reference to the weather to see it a pattern emerges. Thannks again.

LacyHogan Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 6:00am
post #7 of 8

I was wondering the same thing the other day. I made some pink lemonade cupcakes and this was the first batch that has ever done this to me. I thought it may have just been something i did extra or different to the mixture!

cylstrial Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 8:38pm
post #8 of 8
Originally Posted by sugarloaf

Hi Cylstrial,
thanks for getting back to me on that. But what is Pam is that some sort of spray?

Sorry - I hope it's not too late. (Although, I'm sure that it is). Anyway, Pam is a grease type of butter spray. I use it to spray my cake pans, to cook eggs in, etc. Pam is just the brand of spray grease that I use.

Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%