Why Are My Posts Move Randomly And Without Notice??

Decorating By MrsNancyB1 Updated 2 Nov 2009 , 8:39pm by cylstrial

MrsNancyB1 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:21am
post #1 of 15

This is probably in the wrong forum, and I'm sure someone will move it without telling me where it's gone.

The really unfortunate thing is that sometimes I feel like the forum that it was moved to, is less relevant than the forum I orginally put it in.

What is the policy on post moving? Is it normal not to be alerted to where it has gone?

14 replies
madgeowens Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:45am
post #2 of 15

I think sometimes the monitors will move it where it belongs....or if its duplicate

cylstrial Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:44pm
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

I think sometimes the monitors will move it where it belongs....or if its duplicate

Yes! They also delete them if they are inappropriate.

prterrell Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:02pm
post #4 of 15

I'd either post this question in Technical Support or PM one of the mods.

MrsNancyB1 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 15

True, this is not the most relevant forum. I posted this when I was frustrated that I couldn't find a post of mine.

brincess_b Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 15

look in the box on the left, in 'my forum posts', you should be able to find your old posts in there (unless they get deleted).
xx

7yyrt Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 4:48am
post #7 of 15

If you start a thread, you need to click on 'Watch this topic for replies' if you want notices in order to find them easily.

madgeowens Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 4:57am
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Quote:

Are you trying to tell me something, if so what? icon_confused.gif

brincess_b Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 11:34am
post #9 of 15

i think she was trying to a) agree with poster she quoted, and b) give another reason for posts being deleted/ moved.
xx

snowboarder Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:47pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:

Paranoia will destroy ya.

indydebi Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:22pm
post #11 of 15

can you give us an example of where you posted one and where it got moved to?

Also, as mentioned above, you should go back into your new thread and check the box "Notify me of new posts". Once you do that, it doesn't matter where the thread is.....you'll get notifications each time. (I never look for my own threads by going into each category ... I either depend on the notifications, or I scan the "view posts since last login" or click on "my forum posts").

FromScratch Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:36pm
post #12 of 15

Just click on "my forum posts" in the menu bar to the left of the page and you will find all of your posts without having to click "watch this topic". Then you won't get emailed everytime there is a reply too (unless you want that).

Mods have the right to move posts if they want and, no, they don't inform you if/when they do. They aren't required to since it's pretty easy to locate your own posts. icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:42pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Quote:

No no! I was just agreeing with you that the monitor moves the post to where it belongs. And then I was saying to the OP that sometimes the moderators will delete the thread if it becomes inappropriate.

Honestly, it was a nice post. It had nothing to do with anything but this post. Sorry for the confusion.

littlecake Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 6:50pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboarder

Quote:

Paranoia will destroy ya.

ha ha ha!

cylstrial is one of the sweetest peeps on here

cylstrial Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 8:39pm
post #15 of 15

LOL - thanks Littlecake! You're a sweetie too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%