How To Find Buyer For Older Cake Props/decorations?

Decorating By floyd517 Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 4:15am by TallulahGurl

floyd517 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:14am
post #1 of 5

I inherited a collection of older Wilton decorations: cake toppers, birds, stairs, etc and don't think I will ever use them. How do I go about finding someone interested in them who would use them? I did have to pay a little for them (they were in a lot with other items like cake pans I do use) so it would be nice to get some money back. Mainly I would like to find someone who would enjoy them. Some items have yellowed with age too.

Do others 'recreate' original wedding cakes? I don't really want to throw them out or just drop them off at a goodwill.

I appreciate any tips!

Thank you.

4 replies
sugarplumfairycanada Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:36am
post #2 of 5

Hi,

How about ebay, craigslist or kijiji? You can list on them and maybe someone will respond.

Texas_Rose Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:06am
post #3 of 5

I would try Craigslist. Just because you don't make cakes that style (I don't either icon_biggrin.gif), doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of people who still use them, and some of the items can be pretty hard to find.

floyd517 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:15am
post #4 of 5

I tried craigslist without success. It's new in my area; maybe a year or two old. I am not familiar with Kijijiji? I also tried the several yahoo 'cheapcycle' groups.

It's been several months since I looked at ebay; what area would I post them in? I've not found anything similar posted.

Would anyone know where to find descriptions of older items online I could maybe link to? That could help.

Thanks for the suggestions!

TallulahGurl Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:15am
post #5 of 5

I have bought alot of older cake pans,books ,supplies, etc. from ebay there may be someone out there that would love to purchase your items! I have also posted many idems on Craigs list with great results.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%