How To Find Buyer For Older Cake Props/decorations?

Decorating By floyd517 Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 4:15am by TallulahGurl

floyd517 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floyd517 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:14am
post #1 of 5

I inherited a collection of older Wilton decorations: cake toppers, birds, stairs, etc and don't think I will ever use them. How do I go about finding someone interested in them who would use them? I did have to pay a little for them (they were in a lot with other items like cake pans I do use) so it would be nice to get some money back. Mainly I would like to find someone who would enjoy them. Some items have yellowed with age too.

Do others 'recreate' original wedding cakes? I don't really want to throw them out or just drop them off at a goodwill.

I appreciate any tips!

Thank you.

4 replies
sugarplumfairycanada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarplumfairycanada Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:36am
post #2 of 5

Hi,

How about ebay, craigslist or kijiji? You can list on them and maybe someone will respond.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:06am
post #3 of 5

I would try Craigslist. Just because you don't make cakes that style (I don't either icon_biggrin.gif), doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of people who still use them, and some of the items can be pretty hard to find.

floyd517 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floyd517 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:15am
post #4 of 5

I tried craigslist without success. It's new in my area; maybe a year or two old. I am not familiar with Kijijiji? I also tried the several yahoo 'cheapcycle' groups.

It's been several months since I looked at ebay; what area would I post them in? I've not found anything similar posted.

Would anyone know where to find descriptions of older items online I could maybe link to? That could help.

Thanks for the suggestions!

TallulahGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TallulahGurl Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:15am
post #5 of 5

I have bought alot of older cake pans,books ,supplies, etc. from ebay there may be someone out there that would love to purchase your items! I have also posted many idems on Craigs list with great results.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%