Great Reviews On 1St Cake!

Decorating By Rachie204 Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 3:35am by crumbcake

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:47am
post #1 of 8

I just wanted to share because I am very excited. I made my first real cake this week for a friend of my husbands (just a gift to try and get some practice in)....anyways It was a golf cake 9in round 3 layers stacked. It wasn't perfect but I was pretty happy with the way it looked but wasn't sure about the taste as I used the WASC cake and vanilla and chocolate buttercream. Well everyone loved it! People were asking hubby if I worked at a bakery...LOL The guys wife actually texted my husband tonight and asked him to tell me that she "just ate a piece of cake and it tasted like what cake would taste like in heaven" Wasn't that sweet. Anyways I just wanted to share....thank you to everyone who helped me with all the questions about frosting color, and tip #'s and cake flavors...so sweet of you all.

7 replies
makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:58am
post #2 of 8

Wasn't that a huge compliment! That's half the reason I think many of us do this-- the positive feedback we get from others. Good for you and thanks for sharing!

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:58am
post #3 of 8

Congratulations thats great to hear........keep up the great job

alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:01am
post #4 of 8

Congratulations! I know exactly what you are feeling. Ive been caking for about 8 or 9 months now and I still get that feeling when someone brags on my cakes. I dont think that feeling will ever go away at least I hope not.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:14am
post #5 of 8

that was great news, I am sure glad for you and congrats on your cake review

Sweet_Treats_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:15am
post #6 of 8

Congradulations!!!

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:32am
post #7 of 8

Thanks!!! It was so much fun...now I'm ready to do another one...just need to think of a good reason...LOL

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:35am
post #8 of 8

I am so happy for you, it's great to know others appreciate your work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%