Cake Balls Like Playdough

Decorating By Rachie204 Updated 31 Oct 2009 , 2:12am by Rachie204

Rachie204 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:25am
post #1 of 6

So I attempted to make cake balls for the first time tonight from my left over WASC scraps. I followed the instructions on and used buttercream as the glue (as she says you can). What are they supposed to be like before dipped in chocolate? Mine are not very cake this right? More like the texture or consistiancy of playdough or clay or something....very moist but holding together very well in nice ball form. Is this right or did I add too much?

5 replies
Lovemesomecake Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 11:47am
post #2 of 6

Thats how they're supposed to be. icon_smile.gif

Rachie204 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 6

thanks..I wasnt sure so I stuck them in the fridge unwrapped and they stayed there all night....wonder if they can be salvaged at this point?

kaddikakes Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 6

When you dip them will you let me know how they turn out? I'm having difficulties with mine and would like another "newbie's" version.

Rylan Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 7:49pm
post #5 of 6

It also depends on the recipe for the cake you use. There are cakes out there that are very moist, that onle needs little buttercream. I usually just keep adding my fillings/buttercream just until it forms to a ball.

Rachie204 Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:12am
post #6 of 6

Okay they are done. I used the WASC cake and buttercream. I think I could have used less buttercream since my cake was super moist but oh well. I melted the Wilton vanilla candy pieces and added orange food dye for pumpkins. They turned out pretty cute and the white chocolate/vanilla taste yummy but I'm still not fond of the texture of the cake balls themselves ....I made them too big I think. Maybe the texture wouldn't seems so strange if they were smaller balls. I will try this again with my next cake and maybe have better luck. Thanks for your responses!

Quote by @%username% on %date%