Hot Pink/bright Pink Icing.....? Please Help Asap!!!!!

Decorating By apetricek Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 3:15am by apetricek

apetricek Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:21am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone I know this is a dumb question, but I have always used the wilton rose paste to make hot pink/bright pink icing....well they must have changed the formula...I made a batch of fondant tonight and put it in and it has an orange tint to it...and is def. not hot pink! Anyone have a suggestion as to what colors I could use to get this color? I am going to run to Michaels and Acmoore tomorrow in hopes that I find an old jar on their shelves.....of course this has to be for the biggest PITA client I have....FIGURES!!!! Any and all help welcome!!! thanks!!! oh, by the way I need the info by tomorrow.!!!!

5 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:25am
post #2 of 6

Is there a cake decorating shop near you where you could buy some Americolor? I've been gradually switching to their colors but they all seem so much more vivid...I know they make a neon pink.

sugarandslice Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:43am
post #3 of 6

Americolor's deep pink comes out quite flourescent pink on my fondant.
If I mix it with Americolor's fuschia, then it's hot pink
HTH

apetricek Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:47am
post #4 of 6

thanks guys...I don't have anywhere near me that sells americolor...I am going to call my wholesaler tomorrow and see if they carry any, or any other company....never been a problem before, but I think Wilton is switching things....wouldn't be so much of a problem...but this client is WAY high maintance and I know it has to be PERFECT!!!! Thanks, any other suggestions...I would LOVE....I have airbrush color in the neon pink, I may even just try to add some of that...thanks again!!!

Texas_Rose Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:12am
post #5 of 6

Do you think maybe the lid got switched on the colors? The rose pink that I bought recently is still hot pink, maybe someone switched the lids and you actually got an orange.

apetricek Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 3:15am
post #6 of 6

no cause the sticker on the side of the container says rose too....the color looks different coming out of the jar...it is very burgandy looking....the whole sticker on the bottle, and the seal on the lid is completely different than usual...so that is why I am thinking they changed the color formula....I am hoping someone still has an old one on the shelf...or maybe in one of the color kits,....like barbie or something like that...I will have to go on a search, I will also call my wholesaler in the morning and see what he has...thanks for all your help...it is pink, but an ugly pink, not the vivid pink that is normally is....like I said figures...this customer has given me nothing but problems...so I wouldn't expect anything else but problems...and I know it has to be COMPLETELY perfect for her! YIKES!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%