Help! Your Favorite Yellow Cake Recipe..please!!!!

Baking By selfconclusion12 Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 2:05am by heddahope

selfconclusion12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
selfconclusion12 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:21am
post #1 of 6

What is your favorite yellow cake recipe? I have been using box (I know...no more box for me!) and I would really like to start making my own.

Also, I need to make chocolate butter cream. Do I just make my regualr butter cream recipe, melt some chocolate chips, let it cool a bit, and then mix it in with my butter cream?

Thanks!

5 replies
ramie7224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramie7224 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:42am
post #2 of 6

Here's my Go-To Yellow Cake recipe....it has a little looser crumb, but it is very moist

2 3/4 C All purpose flour
1 TBS baking bowder
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 C granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 C whole milk

I bake at 325 to get less of a "dome"

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 1:12am
post #3 of 6

I go to www.wrenscottage.com and click down at the bottom "From Karens's Kitchen" The "Yellow Cake" recipe is really good. Plus the whole site has loads of tips and great recipes.

selfconclusion12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
selfconclusion12 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 1:30am
post #4 of 6

Thanks!!! I am definitally needing something that is really moist. Not to worried about crumbs because it will be covered in fondant, but I still need it to hold.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 1:54am
post #5 of 6

For chocolate buttercream, you can either add cocoa powder or melted unsweetened chocolate.

heddahope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heddahope Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:05am
post #6 of 6

For Chocolate buttercream I add unsweetened chocolate, a little cocoa powder, and also instead of the milk I add chocolate milk. Mmmmmmmm tastes like chocolate ice cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%