Whipped Icing Recipe Please!

Baking By tab_stout Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 1:19pm by tab_stout

tab_stout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tab_stout Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 7

I am looking for a whipped icing recipe that tastes like the ones from the store. I am making a cake for Saturday and the birthday girl doesn't like buttercream icing. You guys are always so helpful, so I thought someone could tell me with a wonderful recipe. Thanks for any input!

6 replies
Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 7

I dont know what "whipped" icing you might be interested in, but I use a non dairy whipped cream (Frostin pride, bettercreme) when people request a non BC. It is super good and also does not have to be refigerated. I buy mine at Smart and Final ( I leave in Ca). Hope this helps.

tab_stout Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks Normita! I have heard of those somewhat on here before but I didn't know you could use them as the actual icing I thought they were an ingredient. I'll look for those when I go to the store tomorrow. Thanks again!!

For anyone in the states do you know if you can pick this up at like your local Kroger, Marsh, or Wal-Mart?

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:13am
post #4 of 7

Your welcome icon_smile.gif I really like using this whipped cream. The taste is good and like I mentioned....it does not have to be refigerated. They sell them in cartons and then you whip as much as you want in your KA. Frostin pride is also yummy as fillings. What I usually do is through in a box of dry pudding mix along with the frostin pride and whip until it is somewhat thick for your filling. Also, you can mix sleeve fillings or preserves with it and it tastes yummy also icon_smile.gif

tab_stout Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:39am
post #5 of 7

Those filings sound really yummy, thanks for all the tips. I wouldn't have thought to do them otherwise.

chefdonna3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdonna3 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:16am
post #6 of 7

I don't know state you live in but I have a store in my state called gordens food service (GFS) that carries Richs bettercreme it is in a blue and white carton in the frozen section next to the frozen desserts. I have used this several times as a non-dairy Whipped icing. It is good.

tab_stout Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:19pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks chefdonna3! I was able to find it at my local GFS. You really saved me. I couldn't believe how good this stuff tasted. I will be using it alot more!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%