Noobie Amatuer

Decorating By tony66 Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 10:01pm by tony66

tony66 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all, I'm Tony, a noobie saying hi from the UK icon_smile.gif
Stumbled across this great forum while looking for pics for my latest cake project, only done 3 in 2 years but love doing it when I get the chance icon_smile.gif

Have found baking the cake the easy bit, colouring and rolling out icing that tests my patience at times icon_mad.gificon_razz.gif

Will probably be reading and picking up tips more than posting, but thought I'd show what I've done so far.

My first one was a big fish, stuck the icing on with jam, but it ran a bit near mouth and made it look a bit of a mess icon_sad.gif

Click pics for bigger view

2nd one was a moving in cake

My most recent one was a bumble bee, got the icing a bit too thin and it cracked icon_sad.gif but over all it worked ok and my niece loved it icon_smile.gif

6 replies
Tiffany29 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 7

Hi and welcome to CC! icon_smile.gif

This is a great place to learn all you want to know about caking!! Alot of great people on here who are always very helpful.

For having only made 3 cakes, you do a great work! I love the bee!

tony66 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks for the welcome and the compliment Tiffany icon_smile.gif

I know I'm nowhere near the standard of most on here, but as long as what I do puts a smile on peoples faces when they see my cakes, thats what matters icon_smile.gif

I'm absolutely icon_eek.gif at what people can do looking through the galleries

Hoping at some point to do a 3D giraffe somehow icon_confused.gif if it doesn't work I'll be very icon_cry.gif

Tiffany29 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Quote:

I know I'm nowhere near the standard of most on here, but as long as what I do puts a smile on peoples faces when they see my cakes, thats what matters

Me either, I have gotten better and learned a ton since I found this sight!

If you fiind a giraffe cake in the galleries (check 3-d cakes) you can pm the person who made it and maybe get a little help on hiw to make one.

Good Luck!

tony66 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks, when I attempt it, I'll have a camera running to film it as it collapses icon_razz.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

Rylan Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 7:51pm
post #6 of 7

Hi Tony, Welcome to CC!

I love your fish cake, I think it looks great!

tony66 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 10:01pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Rylan icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%