Frick! Frick! Frick! Stupid Cancer...

Lounge By jonahsmom Updated 1 Jan 2010 , 1:46am by kjt

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 11:42am
post #91 of 104

I hope you are doing well after your surgery and that everything went as planned.

Merry Christmas

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 3:29pm
post #92 of 104

I am soooo very happy for you and thinking of you at this time. We just found out last week my girlfriend has breast cancer that has spread to her liver and bones....I'm so sad, she is 40 with 2 kids in college and the SWEETEST non confrontational, easy going person you could meet. Now we find out she had her lump for 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!! She thought it was a fibroid and didn't have insurance to have it checked! Her hubby is a lazy sort that lost his full time job about 3 or 4 years ago and NEVER tried to get another. She worked TWO part time jobs and he worked one (he'd sleep while she worked her second job and then sleep when she was sleeping)...she is so passive but sweet...man I am upset with her husband...Never liked him just tolerated him because for some reason she loved/stayed with him.

Anyway I am thinking of you today and so glad things are looking up.

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 3:41pm
post #93 of 104

I had my skin graft surgery yesterday and all went well. I have stupid wound vac though. Ick. I just have to keep telling myself that it's just the king of all drains. But it's a pain in the butt to carry around with me!

JustToEatCake - I'm so sorry about your friend! I can't imagine the feelings she is having right now. My heart goes out to her.

Merry Christmas everybody!

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 4:09pm
post #94 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahsmom

I had my skin graft surgery yesterday and all went well. I have stupid wound vac though. Ick. I just have to keep telling myself that it's just the king of all drains. But it's a pain in the butt to carry around with me!

JustToEatCake - I'm so sorry about your friend! I can't imagine the feelings she is having right now. My heart goes out to her.

Merry Christmas everybody!

I have done the woundvac thing for my mother in the past and as icky as it seems at first you will get used to it (a little anyway). I had to change the dressings on my mom's foot with the woundvac and it was a pain in the butt BUT you know it's doing it's job and I'll tell you that your wound will heal lots faster with it!

jonahsmom Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 4:31pm
post #95 of 104

I've read that, especially since I had radiation, wound vac is absolutely the best thing for healing of a skin graft. We were actually told not to do anything with it - no dressing changes, etc. I have a follow up on Wednesday and hopefully things will be looking good enough I won't have to keep it on and I can just forget about it!

I honestly think it's not so bad really, but it drives me crazy to have to carry it around with me. Luckily, it's a travel wound vac so it's small.

What I'm really thankful for though, is the fact that I think Santa gave me my Christmas wish! No anesthesia-induced migraine thus far! Hopefully it won't catch me in the next few days...but I'm really feeling pretty good. Even the site where they took the graft from isn't really hurting. The nurse told me I was going to want my Vicodin around the clock, but I took it once last night and that was it. I took it mostly because I'm not used to sleeping on my back and I've been forced to since my surgery on the 7th. Our bed is a memory foam mattress and my butt is heavier than my torso so it causes an arch in my back which causes pain. I finally figured that out in the middle of the night. After I put a pillow under my butt I felt a little better. I'm slowly catching on!!!!

Thanks for "listening" to me talk about my situation! I can't wait to start caking again...probably won't be until March, though, so I can make sure I'm well healed and back into my "normal" routine. But I'm going to start doing cupcakes again for the residents of a nursing home in January at some point. Apparently they REALLY love them. Makes me feel good inside to know I'm doing something! And I had my first "Free Cakes For Kids" request - that I couldn't fill - for Dec. 29th. I felt terrible, but was able to hook her up with someone else. That's part of the whole show, too, so I guess I still did my part. Drives me crazy that I couldn't do it myself though!!!!

Wow, can you tell I'm a talker! Geesh! Sorry! You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.... icon_redface.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 6:53pm
post #96 of 104

Prayers of many answered. Sola Deo Gloria!

Heal quickly and fully.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 1:07am
post #97 of 104

I'm so glad all is going well with you....as Doug said you have had many many prayers and good wishes. I'm a firm believer in the power or prayer.

BTW....if you don't mind, I don't know your first name....when I pray at night I say "Please Bless Jonah's Mom" etc....and I was thinking it would be nice to use your name instead. lol.....I want to be sure there's no confusion with the "big guy". icon_biggrin.gif

Merry Christmas and God Bless!
Deb icon_smile.gif

jonahsmom Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 2:06am
post #98 of 104

Funny Deb! My name is Alyssa Sparks. Thanks for the continued prayers!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 2:46am
post #99 of 104

Ok that's an extremely COOl name! Your personality fits your name to a "T"....very "sparkly". icon_biggrin.gif

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:57am
post #100 of 104
Quote:

Funny Deb! My name is Alyssa Sparks. Thanks for the continued prayers!

Thank you for letting us know your name Alyssa. Every night I pray for "the lady from cc". Now I can finally pray for Alyssa icon_smile.gif

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:39am
post #101 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

I'm so glad all is going well with you....as Doug said you have had many many prayers and good wishes. I'm a firm believer in the power or prayer.

BTW....if you don't mind, I don't know your first name....when I pray at night I say "Please Bless Jonah's Mom" etc....and I was thinking it would be nice to use your name instead. lol.....I want to be sure there's no confusion with the "big guy". icon_biggrin.gif

Merry Christmas and God Bless!
Deb icon_smile.gif

Ha! i do the same thing..."johah's mom" when i pray. good to know your name : )

jonahsmom Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 2:06pm
post #102 of 104

Apparently the big guy upstairs knew which Jonah's Mom you were talking about because all of your prayers have definitely worked! Thank you all so much!

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 4:48am
post #103 of 104

thank-you for sharing your story, thoughts and feelings. i am so happy to hear that you are on the road to a healthy recovery.
your son is very lucky to have you as his mom. you are a strong role model for him.
im glad you were able to spend the holidays with your family.
wishing you all the best health, happiness and joy for 2010. and beyond!

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 1:46am
post #104 of 104
Quote:

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.... icon_redface.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I was thinking about you yesterday. I, too, am so glad to know your name.
Now my prayers are thanksgiving instead of petition...so happy for you and your family.
All the best in 2010 thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%