Pearls

Decorating By s_raines Updated 25 Aug 2005 , 6:32pm by ntertayneme

s_raines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
s_raines Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 1:18am
post #1 of 11

I am new at all of this cake making stuff and I want to know how to make edible pearls?

10 replies
traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 1:37am
post #2 of 11

You can make them out of fondant and pearl dust. I believe earlene's cakes has instructions on the website. You can also buy them already made. I have use the soft and hard ones. I like buying the hard ones because they are less expensive and you get a lot more. And they still look pretty on the cake.
traci

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 1:38am
post #3 of 11

Roll up fondant into pearls,let dry a couple of hours, drop in a container and shake with pearl dust. Easy, Easy. icon_biggrin.gif If you are a stickler about size you can roll the fondant out to an even thickness then use the back of tips, small medium and large to "punch out" pieces of fondant to roll.

That's how I do it! I think there are some articles on this site on how to make them as well. I know you can google it too for detailed instructions with photos.

Only thing.......... make sure you give yourself enough time to do it because the first time I had to make them I thought Oh, I can make them in 30 minutes. WRONG!!! icon_surprised.gif Try a couple of hours when you need 300-400 of them. icon_eek.gif

bj icon_wink.gif

becca0926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becca0926 Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 1:40am
post #4 of 11

Here is a site with insructions.
http://www.earlenescakes.com/prlinstruct.htm

s_raines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
s_raines Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 1:58am
post #5 of 11

Thank you all for all the help!!! I hope I can do this.

cake77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake77 Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 9:59am
post #6 of 11

Making the pearls is a very tedious job, but worth the effort. Follow Earlene's directions and you can't go wrong.

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 11:43am
post #7 of 11

once you make them how long do they last if sealed in a container???

cake77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake77 Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 4:04pm
post #8 of 11

I made some of mine as much as 5 months ahead, but with the high humidity I stored mine in the freezer, not sure if you are supposed to but it worked great for me. It got so humid here early in the summer that they started sticking together in clumps in the container, so I decided to try that and it worked, but they were fine sitting out until the humidity hit. But then again humidity wreaks havock on alot of things.

Wilma

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 4:25pm
post #9 of 11

LOL yeah i know all about humidity

rbbarker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rbbarker Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 6:21pm
post #10 of 11

Could you guys tell a new guy a little more about pearl dust?

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 6:32pm
post #11 of 11

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%