Cutters For Baby Clothes?

Decorating By mariak Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 2:31am by KatieKake

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 9

Can you buy cutters for baby clothes? I am doing a clothesline baby shower cake and the thought of cutting all of those clothes out by hand is exhausting. I was hoping that someone knows were I can buy some cutters to make it easier. Thanks!

8 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 9

I got the baby cloths cookie cutters at Michaels but they are about 3"x2" so that is more than likely too big HTH

superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 9

Have you seen the Wilton baby clothesline cake:

http://www.wilton.com/idea/Layette-On-Em-Cake

For that one they use the "People" cut outs for the shoe and for the shirt and trim to resemble a onesie. And a small circle cut in half for the baby cap.

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?sku=417-441

If those are not the right size maybe you can borrow the idea and get other cutters for a shirt, sock, etc.

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 9

I used mostly circle cutters for the cakes I've done.

The bib is a circle cutter, with a smaller circle cutter for the head-hole. The "bloomers" (or diaper) is the medium circle cutter, with the leg-holes cut with the small circle cutter. I think I must have free-handed (I can't quite remember) the onesie with the small circle cutter for the leg-holes. It's pretty easy to make a dress, too, if it is a girl cake you're making. Just cut a triangle, then cut off the top to make a straight edge. Then use a circle cutter for the neck-line.

Grrr. I can't add the attachment!!! icon_sad.gif I'll keep trying.
LL

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 9

I used JEM cutters for mine...it was Teddy Bears Playday or Picnic...something like that.

Jodie

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 9

I found these after I made my clothes line cake and I cut each piece of clothing by hand.
https://protected.accountsupport.com/cakesbyx/catalog.htm

They are from a fellow cc member Ximenilla. HTH

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 7:13pm
post #7 of 9

I used the Wilton fondant people cutters for the one in my photos, inexpensive and worked great. My local Michael's didn't have them though, so I did have to order them from Country Kitchen SA.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 8:33pm
post #8 of 9

I found some in a local cake shop. They even have little shoes. I think they might be Wilton - but I'm not for sure.

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:31am
post #9 of 9

I used the Teddy bear ones, I am not sure of the name of them, but it might be Dress a Teddy, I got them years ago from Beryl, she may still carry them, you can check other decorating places too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%