Cutters For Baby Clothes?

Decorating By mariak Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 2:31am by KatieKake

mariak Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 9

Can you buy cutters for baby clothes? I am doing a clothesline baby shower cake and the thought of cutting all of those clothes out by hand is exhausting. I was hoping that someone knows were I can buy some cutters to make it easier. Thanks!

8 replies
tatorchip Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 9

I got the baby cloths cookie cutters at Michaels but they are about 3"x2" so that is more than likely too big HTH

superwawa Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 9

Have you seen the Wilton baby clothesline cake:

For that one they use the "People" cut outs for the shoe and for the shirt and trim to resemble a onesie. And a small circle cut in half for the baby cap.

If those are not the right size maybe you can borrow the idea and get other cutters for a shirt, sock, etc.

SpringFlour Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 9

I used mostly circle cutters for the cakes I've done.

The bib is a circle cutter, with a smaller circle cutter for the head-hole. The "bloomers" (or diaper) is the medium circle cutter, with the leg-holes cut with the small circle cutter. I think I must have free-handed (I can't quite remember) the onesie with the small circle cutter for the leg-holes. It's pretty easy to make a dress, too, if it is a girl cake you're making. Just cut a triangle, then cut off the top to make a straight edge. Then use a circle cutter for the neck-line.

Grrr. I can't add the attachment!!! icon_sad.gif I'll keep trying.

JodieF Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 9

I used JEM cutters for was Teddy Bears Playday or Picnic...something like that.

Jaimelt76 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 9

I found these after I made my clothes line cake and I cut each piece of clothing by hand.

They are from a fellow cc member Ximenilla. HTH

FullHouse Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 7:13pm
post #7 of 9

I used the Wilton fondant people cutters for the one in my photos, inexpensive and worked great. My local Michael's didn't have them though, so I did have to order them from Country Kitchen SA.

cylstrial Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 8:33pm
post #8 of 9

I found some in a local cake shop. They even have little shoes. I think they might be Wilton - but I'm not for sure.

KatieKake Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:31am
post #9 of 9

I used the Teddy bear ones, I am not sure of the name of them, but it might be Dress a Teddy, I got them years ago from Beryl, she may still carry them, you can check other decorating places too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%