Using Ri And Toba's Glace

Baking By windycitybaker Updated 1 Nov 2009 , 6:06am by windycitybaker

windycitybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
windycitybaker Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 3

I've seen the suggestion to outline with RI, then flood with TG. For those who have done this, are there any tricks to making sure the colors match? (I've done some cookie decorating in the past, but am probably at the "advanced beginner" stage, so need all the help I can get!)

2 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycitybaker

I've seen the suggestion to outline with RI, then flood with TG. For those who have done this, are there any tricks to making sure the colors match? (I've done some cookie decorating in the past, but am probably at the "advanced beginner" stage, so need all the help I can get!)

I do everything with Toba's. You want to make sure your icing isn't too runny. Then, using a #4 for larger areas and a #2 for smaller ones, pipe a bead of icing around the perimeter of the area to be iced. Immediately fill in with more icing, working in a zig zag pattern or concentric circles (there will be plenty of "naked" cookie showing). Using a tapered, off-set spatula smooth out the icing over the entire area. This will break any air bubbles that are hiding in the icing! The marks from the spatula will disappear as the icing settles.

To outline (which is always my last step, done for detail work), thicken the icing with more powdered sugar until it is the consistency of peanut butter. I use a #1s tip for all my outlining.

windycitybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
windycitybaker Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 6:06am
post #3 of 3

Thanks, GeminiRJ...great tips!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%