Cupcake Favours & Rice Paper Butterflies

Baking By DetailsByDawn Updated 2 Nov 2009 , 8:41pm by cylstrial

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all,
I have 2 questions I'm hoping you can help me out with...

1. I'm making cupcake favours for my daughter's baptism and I would like to fill and frost - Can you recommend a filling and frosting that would be room temp stable for a long period of time? I know I can use Indydebi's frosting, and I was thinking maybe marshmallow fluff for the filling (can that be left out?). Any recommendations and recipes are welcome, as I use SMBC normally and will not leave it out at room temp. Who knows where these will be stored once the guests arrive home.

2. I'm making rice paper butterflies for both the cake (about 50 butterflies) and for the favours (about 75 butterflies), so I would like to begin making them as far in advance as possible. Since they are covered in piping gel, I wasn't sure just how long they will last. Does anyone know how soon I can start?

Thanks all so very much for your help! I appreciate any and all advice I can get!!

Dawn

5 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 6

Marshmallow fluff oozes out all over the place. I wouldn't use it for a filling as it might cause problems with the frosting.

DetailsByDawn Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 6

Whew! Good to know - I figured it was pretty stable (and easy), so I thought I'd try it. I def. won't now! Thanks prterrell!!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 6

You could just use the frosting as the filling. I love Buttercream Dream on here. It's so yummy and it's stable as well.

DetailsByDawn Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 6

Great! Thank you Cylstrial - I was thinking maybe cookies and cream? Do you think that recipe would work well combined with crushed Oreos for the filling? So it would be a marble cupcake, filled with Cookies & Cream Buttercream Dream, iced in plain Buttercream Dream, covered with a circle of fondant on top, where my rice paper butterfly will sit. Do you think there are too many flavours there? I hope not, cause that sounds pretty simple!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 8:41pm
post #6 of 6

Cookies and Cream will be great! And yes I just use frosting and then crush oreo's and throw them in for the filling.

I think it sounds delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%