Cake Boss Episodes 10/27/09

Lounge By KieslerKakes Updated 3 Dec 2009 , 4:54am by LaBellaFlor

KieslerKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KieslerKakes Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 10:37am
post #1 of 9

Now that's a cake show! I saw Cake Boss last night - Plants, Pranks and a Propsal and Candy, Crash & Crisis and they were both great shows. Buddy showed cake technics and both shows were awsome. Keep it coming Buddy. I love your show.

8 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 9

i loved when mary ate that flower that buddy told her was going to make her sick. And then in the end they show her coming out of the rest room holding her stomach. It also, always amazes me when these professionals have a disaster and can pull out a cake so quickly. Me i would still me along side the road crying.

asanchez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asanchez Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 9

I love the show!!! I am going 2 order the DVD

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 4:08pm
post #4 of 9

I think many of these dramatic scenes on Cake Boss are pre-planned.

For example, yeah, those characters for the Dylan Lauren cake took a tumble, but there was quite a bit more damage to the cake when it was brought back into the bakery. The tipping/crashing of the baby shower cake was clearly done on purpose...watch the guy at the top...he gives the cake a couple of sharp movements to get it to tumble. The bridezilla from hell...the first cake that Buddy put in the cooler which the bride later "decorated" was clearly a dummy cake, because he picked it up with his fingertips and whisked it away as if it weighed nothing.

It's a great show, and I love seeing both the cakes and the interesting family dynamics, but it certainly appears to be a scripted show.

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:00pm
post #5 of 9

I love Buddy's work! And the other decorators in his shop are very talented. But it's so obvious that much of the show is pre-planned as Cakepro stated. I actually turned it off last night. I couldn't take it anymore. icon_rolleyes.gif Wasn't it just the topper that fell off of Dylan Lauren's cake during delivery? And then they brought it back to the shop and most of the cake had to be re-done? And the "lost" wedding ring that was supposedly just getting cleaned?? icon_confused.gif Oh please!! Every time I watch the show I find myself rolling my eyes in embarrassment. LOL! C'mon Buddy. If you're reading this (because I know you've been on CC before) we LOVE your work!! We LOVE your family. But please get rid of the obvious fake drama!

KieslerKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KieslerKakes Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 11:19am
post #6 of 9

I do agree there is alot of drama in the show and yelling! I try to block that part out and concertrate on the creating of the cakes. I do like when they play tricks on each other.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:43pm
post #7 of 9

I forgot that the sister ate the flower! WHAT was she THINKING??

jaclynk21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaclynk21 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 6:43am
post #8 of 9

What was the name of the flower that Mary ate on Cake Boss? It was so beautiful and I can't think of what it is called.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 4:54am
post #9 of 9

It was a Asian Lilly. Very pretty, but I wouldn't have ate it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%