I'm At A Loss...

Decorating By overindulged Updated 28 Oct 2009 , 2:52am by prterrell

overindulged Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:24am
post #1 of 2

A friend asked me to make a cake... for his wife who I don't know...

He said, "I trust you completely. She's an artist. painter. She likes colors, but I want the cake not too wild and bold. Maybe pastels, but not a pink. and it has to have a mini pumpkin pie on top."

I talked to another mutual friend, she said that his wife is kinda off beat, fun, and funky.

I talked to another friend who is also friends with the couple and she said this girl is fun and funky but she also has an elegant side. maybe modern patterns but not overly mod (like polka dots) and not too much floral.

I need a 2 tier cake 6"/9" or a 12" cake... that serves 40... I am drawing a blank... maybe that cake with rolled fondant stripes? any ideas would be appreciated. TIA!!!

(oh and I don't have airbrush equipment or can painting skills onto fondant.)

1 reply
prterrell Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:52am
post #2 of 2

Okay, here's something I drew real quick in paint. Some of the elements I didn't sketch out on all of the cake, just on part to give the idea. Would look better with something else other than a mini pumpkin pie on top, but if that's what the customer wants...

Anyway, 9" round with 6" round on top.

9" round iced in an autumnal orange with black band border around bottom, white fondant swags topped with white pearl strands. Avocado green ovals with small black pearl borders.

6" round iced in avocado with black bead bottom border, alternating orange and white diamond pattern with black borders on diamonds, black circles at mid points where diamonds meet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%