Another How Do I Get This Colour?

Decorating By Elise87 Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 1:01pm by playingwithsugar

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:08am
post #1 of 8

Attached a sample below.

I don't know how to get this colour and what to call it. It is like a dark strawberry jam colour, would you call it a dark maroon?? I just want to get is somewhere around abouts (kinna two toned the pic but either colour you can see)
LL

7 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:12am
post #2 of 8

In the picture it just looks very dark brown, at least on my computer it does. I think you could get a dark maroon by mixing red and black, or using too much Americolor super red (I painted some gumpaste roses with it before and it dried a dark maroon shade almost like dried blood).

Elise87 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:18am
post #3 of 8

oh ok yeh that's the prob I don't want it to look like blood and that was my fear lol

I just want it to look like a dark strawberry jam but not 'blood' jam lol Maybe if i do it extra dark it won't look like blood or something....

P.S it's hard showing a pic of colour on here cose evryone's screens are different and it also depends on the angle on the screen you look at

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:10am
post #4 of 8

What about terracotta and a bit of black? it is hard to tell what color it is, though.

Elise87 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 9:47am
post #5 of 8

yeh sorry it is hard to see, i am thinking maybe then red, with a bit of black and brown and cover all bases lol.....i might test lots of alternative on a small pieces of fondant

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:23pm
post #6 of 8

You may want to put a hint of purple in there to keep the black from over powering the reds.

Elise87 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:37pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

You may want to put a hint of purple in there to keep the black from over powering the reds.

Yeh thanks i'll try that too

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 1:01pm
post #8 of 8

My computer has it coming up as a very dark reddish brown, almost like some of the new calla lilies that have been bred over the past couple of years.

I would mix burgundy, brown and black, but to what proportions, I could not guess.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%