Another How Do I Get This Colour?

Decorating By Elise87 Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 1:01pm by playingwithsugar

Elise87 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:08am
post #1 of 8

Attached a sample below.

I don't know how to get this colour and what to call it. It is like a dark strawberry jam colour, would you call it a dark maroon?? I just want to get is somewhere around abouts (kinna two toned the pic but either colour you can see)
LL

7 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:12am
post #2 of 8

In the picture it just looks very dark brown, at least on my computer it does. I think you could get a dark maroon by mixing red and black, or using too much Americolor super red (I painted some gumpaste roses with it before and it dried a dark maroon shade almost like dried blood).

Elise87 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:18am
post #3 of 8

oh ok yeh that's the prob I don't want it to look like blood and that was my fear lol

I just want it to look like a dark strawberry jam but not 'blood' jam lol Maybe if i do it extra dark it won't look like blood or something....

P.S it's hard showing a pic of colour on here cose evryone's screens are different and it also depends on the angle on the screen you look at

cakesrock Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:10am
post #4 of 8

What about terracotta and a bit of black? it is hard to tell what color it is, though.

Elise87 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 9:47am
post #5 of 8

yeh sorry it is hard to see, i am thinking maybe then red, with a bit of black and brown and cover all bases lol.....i might test lots of alternative on a small pieces of fondant

Loucinda Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:23pm
post #6 of 8

You may want to put a hint of purple in there to keep the black from over powering the reds.

Elise87 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:37pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

You may want to put a hint of purple in there to keep the black from over powering the reds.

Yeh thanks i'll try that too

playingwithsugar Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 1:01pm
post #8 of 8

My computer has it coming up as a very dark reddish brown, almost like some of the new calla lilies that have been bred over the past couple of years.

I would mix burgundy, brown and black, but to what proportions, I could not guess.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%