My First Wired Flowers.

Decorating By Rylan Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 10:07pm by superstar

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 12:57pm
post #31 of 40

Thanks everyone!

Kate, Yes, I do it the way you do. I usually cut mines in 5 parts. In each flower I used about 12 wires so that is about 2 long wires per flower. It is really hard to see it in the picture but there are many flowers, even at the back. I also made some sweet peas and a few other fillers and buds. I feel like it is getting super expensive to make flowers.

Loucinda, aww thanks. Thanks for the help as well. I hope to meet you next year.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:59pm
post #32 of 40

Wow--you're right 12-ish petals per--Yes you're right super expensive--add in a $25 rose veiner and blablablabla <insert rolling eyes smilie face>

But still yet other addictions are much pricier and making flowers & caking is not bad for your health if you're careful--no inhaling any residual airbrush spray, no snorting of the powdered sugar, the only injections of simple syrup splash goes into the cake, not the vein stuff like that.

icon_biggrin.gif

I'm so glad you take the time to post your beautiful work for all to see.
Your work is quite remarkable for a beginner.

Rylan Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:50pm
post #33 of 40

Hehe, you are so funny Kate! That is why I love you!

Thanks again for all the instructions, I used every single one of them.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 10:27pm
post #34 of 40

Rylan, covered florist wire in the floral sections at Michaels or Joanne's is very inexpensive, I also have florists tape in every color you can imagine so I never hesitate to buy uncovered wire as it is so easy & quick to cover it. Your cake is beautiful, I just commented on it in the gallery.

Rylan Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 10:31pm
post #35 of 40

Thanks June. I will definitely use that next time--something I can afford.

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 1:21am
post #36 of 40

I have to ask (and no one jump down my throat just because it's ME entering the thread, I'm being nice. You know who you are.) but is this really only your 10th fondant cake? Your cakes are so perfectly done, and have a high level of difficulty in the skills used. Either you're a prodigy or are doing this longer than 10 cakes. Just curious. icon_smile.gif Did you take any courses?

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:04am
post #37 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerMorgan

I have to ask (and no one jump down my throat just because it's ME entering the thread, I'm being nice. You know who you are.) but is this really only your 10th fondant cake? Your cakes are so perfectly done, and have a high level of difficulty in the skills used. Either you're a prodigy or are doing this longer than 10 cakes. Just curious. icon_smile.gif Did you take any courses?

i think he's just a freak. a cake freak that is.

a cake freak that i am beyond embarrassingly envious of.

*siiiiiiigh*

Rylan Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:12am
post #38 of 40

Hi OfficerMorgan (of course I'm smiling, hehe icon_biggrin.gif ).

I get many questions about this subject so I'm hoping I can clear this with everyone.

Yeah, I've only been making cakes since March of 2009. I started learning about cakes at the cake decorating community on Youtube. No, I haven't taken any classes. Two of the people who saw my progress and who answered many of my questions are Edna and Kerry, who are also a members here on CC. Jennifer Dontz also helped me with a lot of things, including her dvd.

I would love to say I've made more than 10 cakes but I haven't. I just make sure I challenge myself on every cake and try new techniques since I only make cakes about once or twice month. That is also one of the reasons why I keep having problems with my cakes--it's because I quickly move to a different technique without even mastering the others. My cakes are not perfect, there are usually lots of flaws that I cover. Also, sometimes you can't see the flaws in the picture.

Other than that, you can check my first posts here in CC and tons of questions on people's videos on Youtube because they are all newbie questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerMorgan

Rylan Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:15am
post #39 of 40

Oh and just to add. Check out CakeDiosa, she just started cake decorating about the same time as me and her cakes are breathtaking. Her cakes are something I don't have the guts to do because they are beyond advance and she still classifies herself as a newbie.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 10:07pm
post #40 of 40

You are a natural, Rylan, I am looking forward to seeing many more beautiful cakes from you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%