Another 2009 Halloween Contest Question.

Decorating By MrsNancyB1 Updated 31 Oct 2009 , 2:45pm by endymion

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 15

The rules say that voting begins on the 28th, and ends on Nov. 3rd. Does that mean contestants have until Nov 3rd to upload cakes, or do they all have to be submitted by Oct 28th?

My cake is due on Thursday which is the 29th. I feel a bit bummed that I might miss the chance to enter the contest.

TIA!

14 replies
janeoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janeoxo Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 15

I have the exact same question as mine will be done for the 30th for the 31st which kinda makes sense to me. Seems a little odd if they do all have to be in so far before the actual day!

The instructions definitely need to be a little clearer. I can't believe we are the only ones to think this.

janeoxo Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 15

bump - any1 got the answer

iownajane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iownajane Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 15

another bump...........

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 9:45pm
post #5 of 15

you need to have your photo in before the 28th. voting begins on the 28th, so more photos wont be uploaded. (i actually dont see this explained in the rules, much to my surprise - or my chronic cant-see-whats-infront-of-my-face-ness!)
MrsNancyB - you could just have your cake ready the day before, shouldnt make a diference to the cake its self, if you have time. or, save the pic or next years contest.
xx

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 10:11pm
post #6 of 15

I have the same question. I am madly trying to finish up my cake which has to be delivered the 29th. I feared I was going to miss the closure of the contest because everything on today's blog reads Wed the 28 and here in MO where I live it is Tues 27 at 5:11 pm. This has had me wondering ever since I joined. I tried setting the time to GMT -5 which is what I THINK it is but the time still seems screwed up. Help me to at least co ordinate the time factor.

janeoxo Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 10:19pm
post #7 of 15

brincess b you have not missed it, it is definitely not in the rules.

I still find it odd that voting does not start until the 31st surely that would make so much more sense what with it being Halloween and all.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:02am
post #8 of 15

yeah, I wish we had until the 30th at least to upload our cakes. I'd wanted to make one, but didn't have time to work on it until AFTER the 28th. Grrr. I'm going to make it anyway, just can't use it in this year's contest.

Meg147 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meg147 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 10:14am
post #9 of 15

I have to say I am seriously not happy icon_mad.gif - I decided to coincide a halloween party I am having on 31st with doing a cake (more for the contest than the party), and then upload it - on the assumption I could upload until 03rd Nov. The instructions were NOT clearly stated, and I have only found out today as I noticed the "upload photo now" missing from the top of the screen. Why did the voting have to start so soon? As it's a contest for Halloween, I'm sure an awful lot of people will be making their cakes nearer the time - given that everyone uses different ingredients/cakes etc, some that may not keep for as long. I doubt very much the rules will be changed in this instance, and I;m sure it has left an awful lot of people very dissapointed. I do hope the administrators of this site take note of this. Also, on trying to vote - once I have clicked my stars, a yellow strip appears with an exclamation mark and I am not transferred to the next cake. Not happy, I think I'll just give up now! thumbsdown.gif

janeoxo Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:41pm
post #10 of 15

Here Here Meg

brincess_b Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 7:00pm
post #11 of 15

i imagine its because they need to have so many days of voting, and voting needs to be completed by a certain date, so the next competition can start. maybe something to do with the contract for the prize.
it is a shame tho. but hang on to the pic for next year!
xx

CupcakesbyDana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakesbyDana Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 7:33pm
post #12 of 15

Hi! I am trying to vote, but a yellow line with an exclamation mark keeps popping up.

brincess_b Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 7:48pm
post #13 of 15

the voting problem has been reported in the technical forum, and by pm. it will get sorted at somepoint.
xx

imstuffed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imstuffed Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 6:12am
post #14 of 15

its 11pm pst and there is still a problem with the voting. its not considering any of the cakes as rated and is allowing me to vote multiple times...unless thats allowed? however, even the cake I vote for (rate) is not considered rated. What gives???? Very disappointing.....cracker jack operation or what?

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:45pm
post #15 of 15

I'm having the same issues.

It shows all the entries as unrated, even after I have voted on every single one.

It appears to allow me to vote multiple times on a single cake (but maybe it just isn't counting ANY of my votes, since all the cakes still appear to constantly be "unrated.")

Also, after you vote it takes you to another cake, but when it gets to "the end" (won't continue showing additional cakes in this mode) I actually haven't seen all of the cakes -- some were skipped. Had to go back on the thumnail view to see which ones I had not seen yet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%