Cookies

Baking By tcdup Updated 28 Oct 2009 , 12:12am by chilz822

tcdup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcdup Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 5

I want to make some cookies for a cookie bouquet. How do you get your sugar cookies to not spead out so much when you bake them. I know that they are going to puff up a bit, but these are getting like a half inch or more bigger all the way around. you can't even tell the shapes on them. I just used the pilsberry dough and rolled it onto wax paper and put it into the freezer for about 15 min. cut out the cookies and put them on the baking sheet and back in the freezer for about 10 min. then baked them and they still spread out too much. when I cut out the fondant to decorate them it is too small.

4 replies
jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 5

find a nice cookie recipe. There are several on the recipe section, like NFSC - no fail sugar cookies. It is quick and easy, taste great. The pillsbury need to have more flour added to the mix to work. I do believe there are instructions for rolling it out for cut out cookies. I think it makes them tough. Let us know what you do and if it works for you.

FullMoonRanch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullMoonRanch Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 5

A lot of people here like the No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe. I prefer one I got from GeminiRJ's cookie cutter book.

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour

cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Combine flour and baking powder and add mixture to butter mixture by thirds. Mix only until just combined.

You can use other extracts if you want. Last time I used 1/2 white sugar and 1/2 brown sugar and my family really liked them.

Hope this helps. Have fun!! icon_biggrin.gif

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:27pm
post #4 of 5

Some ppl like to re-cut the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven if they have spread.

I used the NFSC recipe on here and I cut the baking powder in half. I rolled the dough out onto the backs of the cookie sheets, popped in the freezer after cutting and they baked up really well and did not spread.

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 12:12am
post #5 of 5

I stick my cookie sheets in the freezer for a minute or two before placing the cut dough on them, and make sure my oven is well preheated... never have a problem with spreading!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%