2011 Already???

Business By jenmat Updated 1 Nov 2009 , 7:53pm by Ruth0209

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 16

I have had about 6 calls this week about 2011 weddings. I am raising my prices on Jan 1, 2010, so I am telling them they can book the cake, but I will not guarantee pricing until Jan.
Is this normal? Are you already booking that far?

15 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 16

I'm getting inquiries for 2012. THOSE I will not even talk to. But I'm the same as you .... any 2011 bride I tell her, "We can TALK about your cake, but we can't talk pricing until next year."

jenmat Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:55pm
post #3 of 16

2012?!!!! you've got be kidding me! Who stays engaged for that long? They must be in school or something. Yikes.

indydebi Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:25pm
post #4 of 16

Seriously. I also responded to a bride on the Wedding wire forum on how I can't talk pricing three years in advance. Told her "HEck, I could be DEAD by then!" icon_lol.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:34pm
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Seriously. I also responded to a bride on the Wedding wire forum on how I can't talk pricing three years in advance. Told her "HEck, I could be DEAD by then!" icon_lol.gif

[i]OR[/i ]they could be "over each other" by then. icon_lol.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:48pm
post #6 of 16

Just remember 12212012 icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:48pm
post #7 of 16

wow, I have the opposite........I have people getting married in 3 months going "how soon is too soon to book my cake?" Then me: "as soon as you know what you want and how many people you need to feed, when is your wedding?" Oh, it's on New year's eve, is it too soon to book it?? Are you kidding????????? They think because it's baked 2 days before the wedding that that's when they need to finalize what they want, what is wrong with people?

jenmat Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 5:31pm
post #8 of 16

yeah, I have those kids too. Some of the books say 3 months in advance... I don't like those books...

indydebi Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 4:31pm
post #9 of 16

you won't freakin' believe it...... just got an inquiry for a "vow renewal" for 10-3-13!!!!!!!!! icon_surprised.gif 4 years? They want to start planning 4 years in advance? And it's only for 50 people!!!!

They could be divorced by then! icon_lol.gif

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 5:08pm
post #10 of 16

Debi, but you simply HAVE to give them points for optimism... In our family we take our vows seriously (no divorce that I know about), but I don't think anybody would "bet" on a marriage lasting the next 4 years.

CbyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CbyA Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 5:55pm
post #11 of 16

oH! I'm sorry but Indydebi I love your new avatar picture, you look great!! I haven't see it until now........

indydebi Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 6:09pm
post #12 of 16

Thanks! I have a very talented personal friend-photographer who gave me about 20 headshots for only $25. (The ones with the rolling pin were a a little intimidating! icon_rolleyes.gif )

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 7:17pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:

Thanks! I have a very talented personal friend-photographer who gave me about 20 headshots for only $25. (The ones with the rolling pin were a a little intimidating! icon_rolleyes.gif )

icon_twisted.gif I miss you know who's "whisky" avatar. icon_lol.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 7:20pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:

Does this mean you are going to start wagging your mom spatula at us instead of your mom finger?! icon_lol.gif

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 7:32pm
post #15 of 16

I think it's only fitting that indydebi should be wielding a spatula, given her way with buttercream!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 7:53pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Just remember 12212012 icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

Ha ha. You and my husband! He thinks we're all going to be dead on this date. He's not such an optimist overall.

I'm never going to let him live it down when we're still alive on 12/22/2012!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%