Amazon.com

Decorating By kaddikakes Updated 27 Oct 2009 , 9:17pm by Cristi-Tutty

kaddikakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaddikakes Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 11:23am
post #1 of 16

Anyone ever order anything from Amazon.com? I found a tip saver (which I haven't been able to find in any store) and I was going to buy Course III (it's a couple of dollars cheaper than Michael's & A.C. Moore) -- I'm not one to buy things online. I like to see what I'm getting. Any thoughts!!!!

15 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 11:29am
post #2 of 16

I purchase from Amazon all of the time. Now, I haven't purchased any cake items other than Nordicware from Amazon, but I have purchased games, toys, books, movies, CDs, clothes, etc etc etc. Grocery shopping and getting stuff at Hobby Lobby/Michaels is pretty much the ONLY shopping I do that ISN'T online.

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 12:58pm
post #3 of 16

I purchase so much stuff from Amazon, it's just ridiculous. I purchase so much stuff from them that I subscribe to a premium shipping plan called PRIME. I get everything shipped free second day, or overnight for $3.99 per item. There is an annual fee for this service, and I am certain I get more than my money's worth.

I have never ever had a problem ordering or returning items to Amazon.

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:06pm
post #4 of 16

I couldn't even begin to express how much I have ordered from Amazon and I've never had a problem with them or any of their second party sellers. I can't think of one category of thing I have not ordered from them to include tips, turntables and americolor sets in the cake realm. Order with confidence, their customer service has always been outstanding as well.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:10pm
post #5 of 16

I british, but ordered from both amazon.com and co.uk, and ive never had a problem ever, i order stuff weekly, and if i have had to return anything which is rare, ive never had an issue with that either icon_biggrin.gif there a great site, safe and reliable icon_biggrin.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:47pm
post #6 of 16

For those of you who do order from Amazon or many other major internet sites, there's a great way to donate money to charity in the process!!

If you first go to http://www.goodsearch.com/goodshop.aspx and shop thru there, the vendor gives money to your favorite charity at no cost to you!!

I do it all the time, especially when Christmas shopping, and my local food pantry benefits. thumbs_up.gif

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:50pm
post #7 of 16

When you order from Amazon (which I do more often than I should) make sure you are actually buying from Amazon.com and not from a private seller that sells through Amazon.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 3:26pm
post #8 of 16

I would think Amazon is one of the safest places online to buy from.

Mike

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 3:33pm
post #9 of 16

I've bought plenty of things from Amazon, and never once had to return anything. The customer service is impeccable, and they go out of their way to resolve issues. They are also pretty product savvy. If they don't know the answer to a product question, they will get it and write back with it.

I'm curious, though, is the course 3 kit cheaper than at the stores with the coupons the stores offer online?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 3:59pm
post #10 of 16

Here I thought I was the one who was keeping Amazon in business! icon_lol.gif

MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 4:00pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryn

When you order from Amazon (which I do more often than I should) make sure you are actually buying from Amazon.com and not from a private seller that sells through Amazon.

Amazon verifies all their sellers so you're still safe. And you can click on the seller and see reviews and feedback and other information on the seller so you can make an informed decision. It'll also list their shipping costs etc. I've ordered from other vendors through the Amazon website and have generally had excellent service. Of course I pick ones that have good ratings and feedback.

By the way if you buy from Amazon direct your items are shipped free if you spend $25.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 8:36pm
post #12 of 16

Amazon is great!

Jen icon_smile.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 8:47pm
post #13 of 16

We have the Amazon rewards card. We get points towards Amazon gift certificates. I save up those certs and they paid for Christmas last year!

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 8:56pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryn

I've order many times from private sellers through Amazon and never had a problem.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 9:01pm
post #15 of 16

Oh I've ordered from plenty of the private sellers (thats how i found my favorite online shoe store)
you just have to be aware of it as they usually have different return policies than amazon.

Cristi-Tutty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cristi-Tutty Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 9:17pm
post #16 of 16

I have always ordered from Amazon and I had never had any problem. But if you want to buy something that you can find at Michaels I think that it is better you go ther with the coupon and it will be cheaper. lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%