Cake Toppings

Decorating By macevedo Updated 27 Oct 2009 , 3:25pm by macevedo

macevedo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
macevedo Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:26am
post #1 of 5

Hi , i am new and a curious person. I am doing a little personal investigation for my own education and would like to know what people prefer, fondant, buttercream or whipped cream. I don't want to start any controversy or have any arguments i am just curious , that's all. i don't want anyone to feel offended because that would cause me to lose my post. so let me know what you prefer and why. just keep it simple and clean. thanks

4 replies
Rebealuvsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebealuvsweets Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 1:49am
post #2 of 5

I love whipped cream and buttercream. I do not really care for fondant. Even if it marshmallow fondant with flavoring, it is kind of chewy. I love a good buttercream. It is kind of funny that I like whip cream, which is not very sweet. But I love buttercream and sometimes it is very sweet. Does that make any sense? Sorry that I chose two.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:05am
post #3 of 5

I think they all have their place.

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:21am
post #4 of 5

I am just a hobby baker, but for me...to decorate with - fondant. To eat...buttercream or creamcheese. I like to make buttercream with fondant accents.

macevedo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
macevedo Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 3:25pm
post #5 of 5

I like whipped cream first and buttercream second. i know you can make buttercream to look like fondant and i want to try that out soon. i am hoping to make a mock fondant cake one day and if i am successful post it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%