What Is The Best Buttercream To Use On Cupcakes =]

Baking By miasuzzette Updated 11 Nov 2009 , 5:20am by onlymadaresane

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 12

icon_biggrin.gif Hi, To all. I need a Buttercream recipe to use on Cupcakes, I'm making Chocolate, Marble, Almond and Butter Cupcakes Flavors. Thanks for looking and sharing, Have a Good one thumbs_up.gif

11 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 12

You can use any buttercream that you like. I prefer IMBC, so that is what I use on cupcakes as well as cakes. If you prefer the shortening and/or butter + PS buttercream, you can use that on cupcakes.

Personally, when I'm doing a cupcake assortment, I do different icings as well. For the flavors you've listed, I would do:

Chocolate -- chocolate ganache or fudge
Marble -- chocolate buttercream
Almond -- almond buttercream
Butter (is this similar to vanilla?) -- either vanilla or creme bouquet flavored buttercream

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:08am
post #3 of 12

I would also make different frostings for different flavored cupcakes.

PTerrell's suggestions sound good to me. I might make some raspberry buttercream for the chocolate cupcakes.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:25am
post #4 of 12

Yeah, that would be yummy cylstrial. Orange BC would be good, too, with the chocolate.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:34am
post #5 of 12

LOL! We are going to make each other hungry! Cause the orange is sounding good to me right now as well. HAHA.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:42am
post #6 of 12

Sugarshack's buttercream recipe is a great consistency for cupcakes. Sometimes I take a little of the buttercream and mix in a bar of cream cheese for cream cheese frosting - yummy. Her buttercream recipe uses powdered coffee creamer so you can make lots of different flavors.

emma_jada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emma_jada Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:53am
post #7 of 12

is her BC recipe on here?

sweetgirl77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetgirl77 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:55am
post #8 of 12

i buy a tub of butter cream at sams club its always the right consistency, has a grat taste and doesnt make a mess in your kitchen. everyone always loves it!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:21am
post #9 of 12

I use SugarShacks and it works awesome! Great consistency for cupcakes.

I just made a chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream today. YUM! I just added Lorann oils and it was great.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:34am
post #10 of 12

I have to agree.....using that hot creamer really makes for a creamy smooth bc......

beckah78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beckah78 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 12:16am
post #11 of 12

I have a question about the creamer. I watched the video & heard she said add hot water to it but didn't say how much. Does anyone know the measurements for the creamer/water? Thanks!

onlymadaresane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onlymadaresane Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:20am
post #12 of 12

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sharon's icing. I had the darndest time making all shortening icing before hand...and her's VIOLA! JUST love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%