What Is The Best Buttercream To Use On Cupcakes =]

Baking By miasuzzette Updated 11 Nov 2009 , 5:20am by onlymadaresane

miasuzzette Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 12

icon_biggrin.gif Hi, To all. I need a Buttercream recipe to use on Cupcakes, I'm making Chocolate, Marble, Almond and Butter Cupcakes Flavors. Thanks for looking and sharing, Have a Good one thumbs_up.gif

11 replies
prterrell Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 12

You can use any buttercream that you like. I prefer IMBC, so that is what I use on cupcakes as well as cakes. If you prefer the shortening and/or butter + PS buttercream, you can use that on cupcakes.

Personally, when I'm doing a cupcake assortment, I do different icings as well. For the flavors you've listed, I would do:

Chocolate -- chocolate ganache or fudge
Marble -- chocolate buttercream
Almond -- almond buttercream
Butter (is this similar to vanilla?) -- either vanilla or creme bouquet flavored buttercream

cylstrial Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:08am
post #3 of 12

I would also make different frostings for different flavored cupcakes.

PTerrell's suggestions sound good to me. I might make some raspberry buttercream for the chocolate cupcakes.

prterrell Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:25am
post #4 of 12

Yeah, that would be yummy cylstrial. Orange BC would be good, too, with the chocolate.

cylstrial Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:34am
post #5 of 12

LOL! We are going to make each other hungry! Cause the orange is sounding good to me right now as well. HAHA.

msulli10 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:42am
post #6 of 12

Sugarshack's buttercream recipe is a great consistency for cupcakes. Sometimes I take a little of the buttercream and mix in a bar of cream cheese for cream cheese frosting - yummy. Her buttercream recipe uses powdered coffee creamer so you can make lots of different flavors.

emma_jada Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:53am
post #7 of 12

is her BC recipe on here?

sweetgirl77 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:55am
post #8 of 12

i buy a tub of butter cream at sams club its always the right consistency, has a grat taste and doesnt make a mess in your kitchen. everyone always loves it!

tracycakes Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:21am
post #9 of 12

I use SugarShacks and it works awesome! Great consistency for cupcakes.

I just made a chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream today. YUM! I just added Lorann oils and it was great.

madgeowens Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:34am
post #10 of 12

I have to agree.....using that hot creamer really makes for a creamy smooth bc......

beckah78 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 12:16am
post #11 of 12

I have a question about the creamer. I watched the video & heard she said add hot water to it but didn't say how much. Does anyone know the measurements for the creamer/water? Thanks!

onlymadaresane Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 5:20am
post #12 of 12

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sharon's icing. I had the darndest time making all shortening icing before hand...and her's VIOLA! JUST love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%