Want To Cry Over My Galaxy Compressor Hooking To Airbrush

Decorating By tonimarie Updated 27 Oct 2009 , 10:48pm by tonimarie

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 13

I hope someone can please help me. I have a Galaxy compressor #A111 and an Aztek airbrush A4709, purchased from bearair. The airbrush pen and the hose that came with the compressor are not compatible, and the hose on the compressor is the one with the filter icon_cry.gif

I just called bearair and he said you'll have to go to your local plumbing store......well *&^(*&^*& I live in a rural town that doesn't have a plumbing store, I am so mad. I bought both products from them, shouldn't they know what I need???? sorry, but I'm so frustrated, if anyone can help, thank you thankyou thank you!

12 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 13

My friend got an adapter from Roland Winbeckler to attach the aztek 4709 to the kopykake compressor so he might be able to help to. Go to his website and contact him. HTH

tonimarie Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 13

thanks tiggy I'll try that!

tiggy2 Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 10:24pm
post #4 of 13

Good luck!!!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 10:42pm
post #5 of 13

I got adapters at my Hobby Lobby store. I realize that you live in Bittysville and may not have one, but maybe there is one close by.

tonimarie Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 10:47pm
post #6 of 13

jlynn--thanks for the michaels idea, I live 170 miles from the nearest one, but my niece is coming home this weekend, so I could have her check for me, right now I'm going to try Ronald winbecklers site and see, but thanks!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 10:52pm
post #7 of 13

I don't kow about Micheal's. Hobby Lobby has them for trains and car models. I have not seen them at Micheal's.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 11:18pm
post #8 of 13

tonimarie, do you have a local hardware store. Maybe you could take your equipment in to them, and they could fix you up. Or possibly a local craft or hobby shop.

tonimarie Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 12:06am
post #9 of 13

jlynnw-sorry typo, i meant hobby lobby, but thanks so far I can't find much on Ronald Winbrecklers site, but back to searching

tiggy2 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 12:16am
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonimarie

jlynnw-sorry typo, i meant hobby lobby, but thanks so far I can't find much on Ronald Winbrecklers site, but back to searching

You may have to contact Rolland and tell him what you are looking for.

tonimarie Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 4:30pm
post #11 of 13

Oh I got it to work!!!!yea happy dance happy dance!!!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 4:38pm
post #12 of 13

That's great, how did you get it to work?

tonimarie Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 10:48pm
post #13 of 13

okay icon_redface.gif when all else fails ask the hubby.....I didn't tell him I bought it- I thought what he doesn't know won't hurt him icon_lol.gif so anyway this morning I drug it out and asked for help and I had one hose turned the wrong way, and I didn't actually need the hose that came with the compressor, just the airbrush hose, and I searched through the box again and there was another fitting that worked once I was using the right end of the hose. icon_redface.gif so anyway hubby didn't even ask what is was for....think he knows my obsession with cakes !!

so I played with it for several hours this morning and oh my goodness...it is SO much fun, I just got through doing a sunset on the top of a cake and now I'm going to find a siloutte of an elk to airbrush on with black.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%