Pricing Shoebox Cakes?

Decorating By tanyascakes Updated 26 Oct 2009 , 5:01pm by tanyascakes

tanyascakes Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 3

I was just wondering how you all might price these. I made one a while ago, but it was a birthday gift for a friend. I had someone ask if I would make one for them, bu what do I charge? I usually price at $ for my fondant cakes. It was made from a 9x13 cut into 3 even sections filled and stacked. We had a small party, so there was alot left over. I am not even sure how many servings we would have gotten out of it. Please help! I am not sure if I should even try to base the price just from the number of servings I'd normally get from a 9x13. TIA for the help!

*** It is the shoe box cake in my photos.

2 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 3

I consider the shoe box a 3D Cake even though you are using a 9x13 and cutting and stacking.I charge $5.00 per serving for my 3D cakes.I think you get 25 or more servings so I would at least charge $125.00 more if you add in the shoe.

Beautiful cakes by the way!!! thumbs_up.gif

tanyascakes Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much, kiddiekakes. I already charge $50 for the shoe. So that puts me at about $137.50 with my price at $3.50 a serving plus the cost of the shoe. But I hadn't figured a price yet for 3D cakes. Thanks for the help with that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%