Caking Supplies Near Sanibel?

Decorating By wholden Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 5:53pm by wholden

wholden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wholden Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 15

I'm vacationing on Sanibel and would love to shop supply stores in the area. Any locals with suggestions would be greatly appreciated! icon_biggrin.gif

14 replies
kaddikakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaddikakes Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 15

Not sure of any on the island. But on 41 there is a Michael's and a Joanne's. There is also an A.C. Moore off of Colonial near the Walmart. (Sorry I live here but get lost trying to get out of my driveway.) Hope that helps.

wholden Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 15

Hi and thanks for your relpy. We have Michaels and Jo Ann's, but I'm not familiar with AC Moore. Is it a specialty shop? Just looking for some fun and different toys to add to my growing collection! Yes, my name is Wendi and I have a problem!!

kaddikakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaddikakes Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 11:20am
post #4 of 15

It is like Michael's & Joann's.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 15

Ohhhhhhh....Sanibel is one of my favorite places in the world! I'm so jealous!

Jodie

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 15

Ok so there are three of you that know where San whatever is.

Mike

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:56pm
post #7 of 15

Mike....Sanibel/Captiva Islands....near Fort Meyer, Florida. One of the best places to go shelling in the world. Beautiful beaches, dolphins, manatees, great restaurants. Just gorgeous.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 2:58pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

Mike....Sanibel/Captiva Islands....near Fort Meyer, Florida. One of the best places to go shelling in the world. Beautiful beaches, dolphins, manatees, great restaurants. Just gorgeous.

Cool tks icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 3:14pm
post #9 of 15

Also the Chocolate Forest in Cape oral on Del Prado. They have a lot of cake supplies and candy supplies also. Just thought you might want to know it is Fort Myers, not Meyer, sorry. icon_wink.gif
evelyn

wholden Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 8:50pm
post #10 of 15

Hey all
Yes, Sanibel is one of, if not THE most beautiful places I've ever been. My family has been coming here for almost 20 years. It's a wonderful, quiet place to relax. Of course, we are here just before the real season begins. I will see if I can get the other girls to make a road trip to the other supply store. Sounds like fun! Always love to look at cake supplies!!

wholden Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 9:03pm
post #11 of 15

Just googled The Black Forest. It's only about 20 miles from the island. Sounds very doable!! Thanks! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

wholden Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 1:11pm
post #12 of 15

I found some great buys at The Chocolate Forrest yesterday! Sady for them, they are going out of business. Almost everything in the store is 50% off! I was able to get some really fun new items! Thanks for the tip. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:36pm
post #13 of 15

I am originally from Tampa. I sure miss going to Sanibel! Lucky lady! Glad you found a place to shop.

enchantedcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enchantedcreations Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:53pm
post #14 of 15

You were at the Chocolate Forest and they are going out of Business! So sad.... I took my first cake decorating class there. Do they have a lot of items left to choose from. I live up by the Ellenton Outlet near Bradenton and I would make a drive down there if it's worth it. TIA....

wholden Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 5:53pm
post #15 of 15

Lots of Wilton stuff, pans, tips etc. I didn't need any of that though. But, I was able to get: PME arts and crafts plaque embossing cutters{set of 8} orginally 34.89 for half.
PME arts and crafts garrett frill cutters{set of 3} 10.00 for half
#361 medium double diamond quilting marker for $20 instead of $40
creative cutters gumpaste flower starter kit for $40 instead of $80
Several other cutter set as well. They also have really nice cookie cutters, well made. Those aren't on sale,but are only 99cents anyway. They had some cake stands, some wilton, some not. They seemed nice, but not for the plane ride home! You could always call them to ask if they have anything you are looking for. Very, very nice people. So sad. Oh, their books are also 50% off.
And ShelleyMJ, yes, I do feel very lucky to be here! Rainy and 50 at home!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%