Cake Ball (Brownie)Pop Ideas For Bridal Shower Needed Please

Decorating By SecretAgentCakeBaker Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 2:29pm by SecretAgentCakeBaker

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 16

I need to make some cake ball pops for a bridal shower for the favors. I'm trying to find some ideas please for the following:

- Images of designs of wedding dress cake balls

- packaging ideas (how many do you include for a favor and what's a good way to pack and display them)
Would it be better to have the on or off the stick and what way to display for either?

I have the travel 8 hours to the shower with these.

Also, I'm not going to be using cake, but brownies (I don't like the taste of cake balls), but I've never done it before. Do you know if you just make brownies and form them into a ball shape, then dip in the chocolate?

I did find this one, but the design looks pretty complicated, especially if I have to make a lot (the tux looks easier than the wedding dress!).
http://www.beau-coup.com/mini-wedding-brownie-pops.htm

Thanks so much for your help! I'm stressing over this because I cannot find what I need when I'm searching.

15 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 16
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 16

Thanks for taking the time to give the tip about Bakerella. I should have mentioned that I had already checked there. She only has the wedding cake pops. I just love her site!

Any other ideas? I seem to remember seeing a ton of pictures and packaging ideas on Cake Central last year, but now that I am looking for them, I cannot find them.

Thanks!!

RachieRach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RachieRach Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 16

I do like that design. In terms of packaging, I've only seen these laid out on a buffet table. But then today, I found this.

This is the website. http://www.inspiredbride.net/category/do-it-yourself/

Good Luck!
LL

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 16

Thanks! That's a nice website. I love the look of that dessert buffet.

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 11:36am
post #6 of 16

three_set_of_twins just posted some, and I think they turned out really cute. I also love her packaging.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1495709&sub=1495724

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1489640

Make sure to check out all of the views/photos on the first one. It'll give you better idea of how the bridal cake pop looks.

If you use brownies, I don't think you'd need much (or any) frosting mixed in. I'd crumble the brownies and form a couple balls just to see how firm they would be. I really like the idea of using brownies. I'm not a fan of the cake ball flavor myself. I remember playing with brownies and making shapes as a young girl, so I'm thinking they would be perfect for these.

arbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arbakes Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 7:58pm
post #7 of 16

this question doesn't have to do with design, but i think it's right around the same subject...i need help finding a really good fudge brownie recipe. i've tired a couple and they come out too cake-y and just crumble when i try to roll them into balls icon_sad.gif i apologize if this is not the right place to ask, but i'm running out of time to make the brownie balls. icon_redface.gif thanks!!!

RachieRach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RachieRach Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 2:48am
post #8 of 16

It's not from scratch but I love the ghiradelli brownie mix. Definitely fudgy and not cake-y.

HTH.

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:37am
post #9 of 16

That bride looks so complicated and I have no clue how they did that! I'm assuming they used some kind of sticky edible liquid they painted on with a paintbrush in the pattern they wanted then sprinkled the little beads over it?

What I did with my brides was just get some beads and attach them like a tiara to her head. sometimes I might get some shimmery white toole cut into a small square and attach that also as a veil. Or even some tiny little RI flowers attached somewhere. I use a lot of edible white glitter on my bride to give her some bling, but in these photos i ran out of glitter so I just rolled her in sugar.
Keep in mind these are VERY time consuming and give yourself double the time you think it will take to make them.

I dont think you need to mix your brownies with anything if they are very fudgey. sometimes I dont, but sometimes I'll add some cream cheese.
Good luck!

three_sets_of_twins Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:41am
post #10 of 16

packaging:
you can package them in cello paper individually, tied at the stick with ribbon and label if you like.

you can package them 2 in a box like I did in that pic.

you can package 3 in a box, one bride, one groom, one in the middle monogrammed.

Those are just some things ive done. also made them not as favors but to pass around on trays to wedding guests.

three_sets_of_twins Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:50am
post #11 of 16

packaging:
you can package them in cello paper individually, tied at the stick with ribbon and label if you like.

you can package them 2 in a box like I did in that pic.

you can package 3 in a box, one bride, one groom, one in the middle monogrammed.

Those are just some things ive done. also made them not as favors but to pass around on trays to wedding guests.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 7:15am
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by three_sets_of_twins

That bride looks so complicated and I have no clue how they did that! I'm assuming they used some kind of sticky edible liquid they painted on with a paintbrush in the pattern they wanted then sprinkled the little beads over it?

Hmm, I was afraid of that! The hostess really liked those and I was exhausted when I looked at them and thought I could do it. I'd better practice and see what I can come up with. YIKES!!

Thanks for the info!

leahk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leahk Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 10:01am
post #13 of 16

Bakerella did brownie pops last week. She just squished the brownies.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 10:47am
post #14 of 16

for less cakey browmies leave out the baking soda/powder. The less BS/BP you have the more fudgy it will be.

The bride pops look awful nice. The one site posted actually look like the lil leaves were piped on. My hands hurt just looking at them.

Mike

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 1:26pm
post #15 of 16

Thanks everyone for all the tips. Well, I tried making these last night. What a disaster. I decided to pipe on some chocolate, but, as I thought, it slid down when I added the nonpariels. Also, the chocolate stayed quite raised compare to the original from that link I posted. An expert would probably not have a problem, I am just not capable of getting the chocolate piping fine enough.

My husband and I tasted the messed up ones. I'm so glad we did and that I didn't try to waste more time figuring out how to make it work because they tasted awful with the nonpariels. (The crunchiness took away from the flavor and god texture of the brownies.) They were great plain, so I decided to do half of the truffles with just chocolate drizzled lines across the top and the other half will have 1-3 tiny fondant flowers on top.

Thanks again.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:29pm
post #16 of 16

I finally finished these. I put a pic of them in the gallery. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1519994&done=1

I have had nothing but problems making things for this shower. The issues with the truffles, then I made the boxes too big, so I had to get tissue paper to keep them from sliding around. Then I made the box tops too small and had to make 20 more (the paper was expensive too). So these new box tops are now too big, but I don't have time to remake them. I also made a dress form topper for the cake, and that had terrible problems and looks horrid. Then I didn't bake the cakes correctly (not enough batter) and the layers are kind of thin.

I wanted this all to be so nice. It is for my daughter's godmother, who also was my maid-of-honor for my wedding and threw me a nice shower. I just wanted to make everything really special for her. I'm sure she'll like everything because, thankfully, she is not as picky about this kind of thing as I am!!

Thanks for the help and letting me vent.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%