Tastings-Help In Answering An E-Mail

Business By IsaSW Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 8:12pm by KHalstead

IsaSW Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 5

I got an email today from a bride-to-be

Subject: Tasting
...., however I do not see an address on your website. Where are you located?
Thank you.

How do I respond to a bride in a professional way?, telling her that we can come to her to do the consultation and tasting.
I dont want to lose a customer, only because I am 40 minutes away from where she lives, I am willing to start this In your home tasting thing I heard some of Cake Central Members talk about it and it sounds like it works for them.

Can somebody help me answering this e-mail. I would really appreciate it.

4 replies
Amylou Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 5

Dear bride to be,

Thank you for your interest in xyz cakes. At this time we are offering consultations and tastings at a location that is convenient for you. We can arrange a time to meet at local coffee shop, or even at your home if you wish. Please contact me to set an appointment. Looking forward to hearing from you, xyz cakes.

IsaSW Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much Amy!
It's exactly what I was looking for.

I will write to her write now.

icon_biggrin.gif

konagirl Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 5

Do you check with coffee shops before you meet with a client there to do a tasting to make sure they won't mind?

I have been cautious of offering to meet clients at a coffee shop because they all serve baked goods and cupcakes, and I'd be bringing in what may be viewed as a competitive product (cupcakes).

Just curious how you all handle this.

KHalstead Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 5

I would check with wherever you intend to eat just in case.

I tell brides, "I can come to you if that's more convenient, since I'm only one person and you'll have 3 other people tasting with you....vs. all 4 of you coming to me" Usually they jump at the chance and thank me profusely for going "out of my way" to accomodate them! lol I prefer to come to them, then I don't have to find a sitter and make sure everything in my house is PERFECT.

Otherwise, I tell them that I can also just drop off samples for them to try at their leisure. A lot of brides that already know what they want and have emailed me a photo of the design, love that we don't have to have a "consultation" and that they can just hang out with their bridesmaids and eat the cake in private and then just get back to me on what flavor they've chosen!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%